News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
Not all apps have the same rate of engagement and loyalty, as a new study from analytics and mobile marketing company Localytics confirms.
Which apps are the "stickiest"? According to Localytics' latest App Stickiness Index, which represents mobile use over Q2 2014 across 25,000 apps, it is media and entertainment apps. These are apps that tend to have more repeat usage and include music and social media.
Localytics' index is based on two key app metrics - Power Users and Loyal Users. Power Users are those who use an app 10 times or more in a month and illustrates how many engaged users an app has. Loyal Users are those users who return to an app within 3 months of their initial app session and represents loyalty and churn.
An app's stickiness is, therefore, the average of its Power and Loyal Users.
In terms of device, Localytics found that while Android apps have more Power Users, iOS users were more loyal.
"Whereas Android was the clear winner in power, iOS is the consistent winner with loyalty. A potential reason for this may be because of the fragmentation and competition in the Android market," says Localytics in their summary of their analysis. "As Android users upgrade their phones over time, they switch to different models and manufacturers, forcing them to re-download apps. With Apple's massive following, people who upgrade to the next iPhone iteration are able keep their apps throughout the upgrade process."
- Ad Roundup: More formats, reporting available to brands
- What drives reward program spending
- Forecast: Local media to slide mobile
- Brands: How Chat-As-A-Service can work for you
- Survey: Computers are the connection of choice for sports fans
- Expert: The link between returns and cart abandons
- Mobile Roundup: App releases focus on connection, analysis
- Amazon's latest delivery location - the trunk of your car
Featured White Papers
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...