News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
Not all apps have the same rate of engagement and loyalty, as a new study from analytics and mobile marketing company Localytics confirms.
Which apps are the "stickiest"? According to Localytics' latest App Stickiness Index, which represents mobile use over Q2 2014 across 25,000 apps, it is media and entertainment apps. These are apps that tend to have more repeat usage and include music and social media.
Localytics' index is based on two key app metrics - Power Users and Loyal Users. Power Users are those who use an app 10 times or more in a month and illustrates how many engaged users an app has. Loyal Users are those users who return to an app within 3 months of their initial app session and represents loyalty and churn.
An app's stickiness is, therefore, the average of its Power and Loyal Users.
In terms of device, Localytics found that while Android apps have more Power Users, iOS users were more loyal.
"Whereas Android was the clear winner in power, iOS is the consistent winner with loyalty. A potential reason for this may be because of the fragmentation and competition in the Android market," says Localytics in their summary of their analysis. "As Android users upgrade their phones over time, they switch to different models and manufacturers, forcing them to re-download apps. With Apple's massive following, people who upgrade to the next iPhone iteration are able keep their apps throughout the upgrade process."
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...