News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
Not all apps have the same rate of engagement and loyalty, as a new study from analytics and mobile marketing company Localytics confirms.
Which apps are the "stickiest"? According to Localytics' latest App Stickiness Index, which represents mobile use over Q2 2014 across 25,000 apps, it is media and entertainment apps. These are apps that tend to have more repeat usage and include music and social media.
Localytics' index is based on two key app metrics - Power Users and Loyal Users. Power Users are those who use an app 10 times or more in a month and illustrates how many engaged users an app has. Loyal Users are those users who return to an app within 3 months of their initial app session and represents loyalty and churn.
An app's stickiness is, therefore, the average of its Power and Loyal Users.
In terms of device, Localytics found that while Android apps have more Power Users, iOS users were more loyal.
"Whereas Android was the clear winner in power, iOS is the consistent winner with loyalty. A potential reason for this may be because of the fragmentation and competition in the Android market," says Localytics in their summary of their analysis. "As Android users upgrade their phones over time, they switch to different models and manufacturers, forcing them to re-download apps. With Apple's massive following, people who upgrade to the next iPhone iteration are able keep their apps throughout the upgrade process."
- Excessive use of in-store beacon technology decreases app use
- Report urges brands to go their own way and sell direct
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
- Study dispels myth that 15-24 year olds are the true 'digital natives'
- Top 3 tips to better optimize branded content
- Programmatic spending skyrockets through Nexage Markeplace
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
Featured White Papers
- Evolving Toward the Next Phase of Email
According to most corporate decision makers and influencers, email is the single most important application they have deployed! The typical...
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...