News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
Not all apps have the same rate of engagement and loyalty, as a new study from analytics and mobile marketing company Localytics confirms.
Which apps are the "stickiest"? According to Localytics' latest App Stickiness Index, which represents mobile use over Q2 2014 across 25,000 apps, it is media and entertainment apps. These are apps that tend to have more repeat usage and include music and social media.
Localytics' index is based on two key app metrics - Power Users and Loyal Users. Power Users are those who use an app 10 times or more in a month and illustrates how many engaged users an app has. Loyal Users are those users who return to an app within 3 months of their initial app session and represents loyalty and churn.
An app's stickiness is, therefore, the average of its Power and Loyal Users.
In terms of device, Localytics found that while Android apps have more Power Users, iOS users were more loyal.
"Whereas Android was the clear winner in power, iOS is the consistent winner with loyalty. A potential reason for this may be because of the fragmentation and competition in the Android market," says Localytics in their summary of their analysis. "As Android users upgrade their phones over time, they switch to different models and manufacturers, forcing them to re-download apps. With Apple's massive following, people who upgrade to the next iPhone iteration are able keep their apps throughout the upgrade process."
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
- Adobe: More online TV watched on smartphones than tablets
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...