Rocket Lawyer is an online legal technology company that simplifies and lowers the cost of legal services for businesses, families, and individuals. Over 20 million businesses, families, and individuals have used Rocket Lawyer to create legal documents, get legal advice, and confidently protect their futures.
- Highly rated customer service
- Free seven-day membership trial
- Free LLC for members
- Discounts on various legal needs for members
- Must sign up for membership to file for LLC free
Rocket Lawyer was incredibly simple to use and effective. We had made a Will on another website earlier, but we weren’t sure if it was state-specific enough, so we didn’t have it notarized. Rocket Lawyer’s step-by-step method placed us at ease and made us feel like we were dealing with a reliable website.
Rocket Lawyer is a straightforward approach to fulfilling your family’s and business’s legal needs. Rocket Lawyer is here to help, whether you need a quick and simple legal document for free or have a more sophisticated legal matter that requires the counsel of an expert.
Rocket Lawyer is a legal company designed to help small businesses have access to affordable legal documents and business services. It was established in 2008, with more than 20 million clients in various ways. With this level of experience, Rocket’s lawyer must be processing a high volume of LLC formation and legal documents in a year. This makes it one of the industry’s most trusted services.
If you are sure your limited liability company (LLC) or the corporation will need legal advice along the way, this article is for you.
Our Rocket Lawyer reviews have been crafted to help you decide whether this would be an ideal LLC service for your business needs. We have discussed its various unique and outstanding features in detail and suggested some of the top alternatives to this provider.
Rocket Lawyer Advantages
- Rocket Lawyer bundles LLC formation services with other valuable legal services. This makes it a great service for an LLC owner who is likely to deal with legal issues along the way.
- Rocket Lawyer is the industry’s most experienced service. The company has helped more than 20 million clients in various ways.
- It is among the few companies that will offer you 7 days trials when you subscribe to their membership plan.
- The company also boasts one of the best refund policies in the market. When you cancel your subscription within 60 days of purchase, the company will refund you your money 100%.
- The company gets great feedback from customers on various third-party sites.
Rocket Lawyer LLC Service Formation Packages
|Create custom legal forms||Included||$39.99 per document|
|30-minute phone session with a lawyer||Included||$59.99 per consultation|
|Online Q&A with a lawyer||Included||$49.99 per question|
|Document defense for Rocket Lawyer documents||Included||$9.99 per document|
|Discount when you hire a Rocket Lawyer attorney||Up to 40% off attorney’s normal rate||Unavailable|
|Form an LLC, corp, or nonprofit||First business formation free||$99.99 plus govt. filing fees|
|Registered agent service||25% off discount||$149.99 per year|
Unlike many other services out there, Rocket Layer doesn’t have multiple LLC formation packages. However, they offer two subscription options to those looking to form an LLC online.
You can purchase their one-time LLC formation service (non-member plan) or subscribe to their monthly membership legal services (premium member plan).
Rocket lawyer premium members package is cheap but offers great additional services. The package includes:
Free seven-day trial: Rocket lawyers offer a free 7 days trial to offer you a test of their basic features. The free trial includes the following services:
- Access to a large library of free contract and legal document templates
- One Premium document from their library for free
- One time only digital contract signature service for both template
- “Ask a Lawyer” your legal questions service
- Customer support by chat, phone, and email
- Filing of one LLC formation application.
After the free one-week trial elapses, you can subscribe to their premium membership which is charged at $39.99/month. Membership subscription offers all the features you will get in the 7 day free trials (with no strict limitations) plus:
- Legal documents with documents defense: you can quickly create legal documents that you can download, sign, print, and share at your convenience.
- 30 minutes attorney consultation: you can consult a well-vetted lawyer on any legal matter or question for up to 30 minutes.
- Discount on registered agent service: Rocket Lawyer non-member package registered agent service is not cheap. However, the premium member package offers a 25% discount on the price.
- Discount on attorney services: attorney services are generally expensive. However, Rocket Lawyer can connect you with qualified lawyers at discounted prices.
- Discount on Future Incorporation Filing: The membership package also offers 25% Off Future Incorporation Filings. New subscribers can form their business for free then a 25% discount thereafter.
The Rocket Lawyer non-member plan is not a cheap one. However, it offers a lot of services beyond just business formation services. Some of the key services offered include:
- Name availability search: They will search through your state business formation database to find out if your desired name is available or already taken.
- Preparation and filing of your article of organization: to form an LLC in the US you must file articles of organization. These are documents filled and submitted to your state of formation. Rocket’s lawyer will do all these on your behalf.
- Online document storage: Rocket Lawyer has a well-built platform that enables you to easily access electronic copies of your filed formation papers at any time.
- Hard copies: You can also access email hard copies of your completed articles of organization with a lot of ease.
- Phone and email support: The company phone and email communication channels are reliable and you can contact them any time you have a problem.
- Registered agent service: You get free registered agent services for one year. If one year elapses, you can subscribe to their annual charges.
- Operating Agreement: An operating agreement outlines some important internal operating procedures and your company structure.
- 100% satisfaction: Subscribing to Rocket Lawyer packages is risk-free. If you are not interested in their services you can get your money back as long as you request a refund within 60 days of your purchase.
- 1-Year Legal Services: The one-year free online legal services include Real Lawyers, Expert Advice; Easy documents and contracts; 30-minutes lawyer consults on each new legal matter; up to 40% off attorney hourly rate after and more.
ZenBusiness Quick Overview
ZenBusiness Customer Reviews
Rocket Lawyer customer reviews are outstanding. The company enjoys a lot of reviews from the third-party site but nearly all of them are positive.
Some customers praise the company for its great legal services. However, the majority are happy with their customer support.
I used Rocket Lawyer to create a simple will. The application worked seamlessly for me, and I am very happy with the results.Customer Mick
I like that you offer some services as a free account user. In the future, I will use your services when I have a more substantial legal needGeoffrey Glenn
Excellent customer service by Isabelle. Understand the customer’s need. Excellent communication while fulfilling the need of Rocket Lawyer.Conrad
Rocket Lawyer Service Review
Review of Rocket Lawyer
|Overall Pricing and Value|| |
|Cost Value|| |
|Customer Support|| |
|Ease of Placing an Order|| |
|Included Features|| |
Our Rocket Lawyer review will walk you through everything you may need to know about this company including:
- Service and features
- Online experience
- Customer support service
- Customer reviews
- Company top alternative.
Is This Brand Right For You?
Rocket Lawyer offers a wide range of services beyond LLC formation. For that reason, it is a great service to someone who is looking for an LLC formation service that offers more than just business formation services.
Services and Features
Rocket Lawyer includes great LLC formation features in both the premium member and non-member packages. The company will prepare and file your articles of organization with the secretary of state on your behalf. All you need is to pay for their service and state filing fees.
The two plans also offer other necessary LLC services including name availability search, operating agreement, registered agent services among others.
However, their services go beyond just LLC services. The company offers legal services that you will not find in any other services.
When it comes to LLC services, there is no difference between the features offered by these two packages. The differences lie in other features such as legal services. In addition, the membership plan offers most of the LLC services are either free or come with a lot of discounts.
That said, most of the services offered by the membership plan are either free or discounted. In addition to the LLC formation, some of the key features and services offered by this plan include:
- Free 30-minute phone consultation on every new legal matter
- Discounted rates when you hire an attorney
- Their “Ask a Lawyer” your legal questions service
- 25% of Registered Agent service
You can visit the company’s official website to see the breakdown of features offered by these two plans.
Rocket Lawyer has the industry’s best online experience. With more than 20 million customers served since it was established in 2008, the company must be handling a huge volume of clients every year.
No service comes even close to this level of experience. Their experience is always regarded as a sign of great services to customers. Of course, many people will go for good service, so you will be right to fall for company experience.
One of the main reason Rocket Lawyer earns a lot of traffic is their customer support services. The company website is full of learning resources and guides. They dedicate the entire first package to cover topics such as technical support, membership, contracts, and starting a business.
The company offers both phone, email, and live chat options for reaching out to the support time. The good news, all these channels are reliable.
You only need to wait for less than 24 hours to receive their comprehensive email response. The phone and live chat options are replied to immediately. Their phone number is 1(877) 881-0947, available Monday – Friday, 6 am-6 pm PST.
Overall Rocket Lawyer reviews
Overall, Rocket Lawyer is well packed with features. Their services go beyond LLC formation. Though they offer business formation services, they are mostly known for online legal services. For that reason, it is an ideal service if your business is going to handle legal issues along the way. It offers the best legal support you will find in the market.
But if you are only interested in forming an LLC, there are more affordable services that are packed with features than Rocket Lawyer. You can have a look at our Rocket Lawyer alternatives below.
Alternative to Rocket Lawyer
|Unlimited legal forms||Included||Included||Included|
|Phone advise from an attorney||Included||Included||Included|
|Online Q&A with a lawyer||Included||Included||Unavailable|
|Document review with an attorney||Included||Included||Included|
|Free business formation||First business formation free (just pay state fees)||Included||Unavailable|
|Access to a business tax professional||Unavailable||Included||Included|
|Copyright registration||Unavailable||Included||One free per month|
|Annual business evaluation||Unavailable||Included||Included|
|Detail||Read Review||Read Review||Read Review|
Found in 2015, this Texas-based provider offers the best value in the industry. It offers three affordable packages each of which is well-packed with features.
Its biggest strength is the ability to offer a free operating agreement template, one-year free registered agent services, and business formation services in all its packages. The company’s customer support and feedback are outstanding as well.
Formed in 2004, Incfile is another Texas-based Business formation service with great value. What makes IncFile one of the most preferred limited liability company (LLC) formation services is their free Silver package.
It is hard to find a business formation service that will form your LLC for free and still include a year of free registered agent service. In addition, their customer support services are also outstanding.
Rocket Lawyer is a great online legal service that will form your LLC as well. So if you are looking for an online legal company that blends business formation services with their online legal services, I am sure you have enjoyed this review. Just take advantage of their seven-day free trial to give it a test.
However, for the best LLC formation service, this is not the best service. We have offered you our top alternative that will offer you better LLC formation services at affordable prices.
Frequently Asked Questions
Rocket Layer has served more than 20 million customers since opening its door in 2008. Besides, the company has outstanding customer feedback. Even though it has a large volume of online reviews, most of them are positive.
Rocket Lawyer offers many online legal services in addition to business formation. Some of the personal services offered include creating last will and statement, consultation with a vetted attorney, a broad selection of legal documents and business contracts among others.
Rocket Lawyer has one of the best refunds policies in the market. If you contact them within 30 days of making your purchase, Rocket Lawyer will provide a full refund of the fees you paid them.
All the filed Rocket Lawyer documents are made available immediately after they are filed. You can access them online, download, or print them.
Rocket Lawyer is not free. However, the cost of forming a business with this provider isn’t expensive particularly when you go for their membership plan.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
ABOUT THE REVIEWER
+ 1 sources
Bizreport Advisor adheres to strict editorial integrity standards avoids using tertiary references. We have strict sourcing guidelines and rely on peer-reviewed studies, academic research. To ensure the accuracy of articles in Bizreport, you can read more about the editorial process here.
- Trustpilot. (2022). Rocket Lawyer. [online] Available at: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/rocketlawyer.com [Accessed 7 Jan. 2022].
- ConsumerAffairs. (2022). Top 985 Rocket Lawyer Reviews. [online] Available at: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/legal/rocket-lawyer.html [Accessed 7 Jan. 2022].