News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Teens are not fleeing Facebook
That Facebook is being deserted by teens in favor of alternative social networks has long been touted online. However, recent research in the U.S. by Forrester shows that teens remain the dominant demographic on the social network.
A survey of youngsters aged between 12 and 17 shows that Facebook continues to be a social network that teens regularly use. Almost 80% said they still use Facebook and are more active on it than any other including Pinterest and Twitter.
There's no escaping the fact that there has been some decrease in the number of teens using Facebook - and Forrester acknowledges this fact - but reports of a mass exodus have been widely misreported says Forrester researcher Nate Elliott in a recent blog post.
"Ivy League researchers have forecast that the service will be all but dead by 2017; President Obama recently claimed that young people "don't use Facebook anymore"; and when comScore recently reported that fewer college students were using Facebook, media outlets ran stories on the "social platforms college kids now prefer"", writes Elliott.
The reality is that Facebook is still more popular among teens than any other social network. Just 20% of teens are on WhatsApp and 40% on Snapchat. Furthermore, sites such as Pinterest, Tumblr and Vine all have about 30% teen adoption.
While YouTube has the highest teen adoption at over 80%, Facebook still has more "hyperusers", defined as the portion of monthly visitors who are there "all the time".
Image via Shutterstock
- Webrooming parents heading to physical stores for back-to-school purchases
- 43% of all traffic to travel websites now comes from mobile
- Survey: Gamers don't want interruptions
- Reports: Back to school stressing parents
- How to measure engagement to reach a deeper customer relationship
- Survey: Amazon influencing back to school shoppers
- Hilton gives guests greater control with significant app upgrade
- Top 3 tips for better channel optimization
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...