News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
LGBT: $790 billion buying power but what are their favorite brands?
The total buying power of the LGBT U.S. adult population in 2012 will be $790 billion, according to latest figures. Which brands tick their boxes? A new survey from YouGov reveals the top brands among the gay community, with Android topping the list.
A brand that didn't even make YouGov's lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) Top 20 Buzz Rankings last year has emerged as the leader this year.
Android rose straight to the top of the rankings with a buzz score of 38.2 compared with iPhone's 35.6 and iPad's 34.2. The results were collected by YouGov who polled 5,000 consumers each day for a 12 week period, filtering responses from those who identified themselves as part of the LGBT community.
Target and Starbucks are also newcomers to the rankings, probably in light of their recent support of LGBT rights. In fact, the rankings are markedly different from last year with other newcomers including Samsung, Aleve, Kindle, Advil, PBS, LG, Comedy Central, and Skype.
Recent research from Catalyst found that most members of the LGBT community (87%) prefer companies that offer equal benefits for LGBT employees and almost half (47%) prefer brands that create ads tailored to their community. Even if a brand was more expensive, 71% would continue to be loyal if that brand was in favour of LGBT issues.
Witeck Communications estimates the total buying power of the US LGBT adult population in 2012 will be $790 billion.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...