News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Only 4% of Americans under 50 not on Facebook
If you're an American aged over 12 and under 50 then you're probably on Facebook. If not, you're in a minority of just 4%.
Since its launch seven years ago, Facebook has attracted over half a billion people around the world, and continues to grow.
Today, more than half (51%) of Americans over the age of 12 have a profile on Facebook, according to Edison Research. Three years ago just 8% were signed up with the social network.
New survey findings released this week by Bank of America and reported by AllFacebook reveal more about the way Americans use Facebook and who is using it.
A statistic that immediately jumps out at you is that a whopping 96% of people in America under the age of 50 now use Facebook. Furthermore, over half (51%) of those users say they have increased their use of the social network over the past 12 months.
Other key findings from the Bank of America survey include:
-82% of Facebook users have concerns about privacy
-69% do not spend less time on other websites as a result of their Facebook use
-48% have intentionally clicked on an ad on Facebook
-48% frequently use the Like button
-40% check Facebook multiple times each day
-36% check Facebook multiple times a day from their mobile device
- Snapchat beats Facebook for daily video views
- Global study reveals 'authenticity deficit' among brands
- Report: Video is video regardless of screen
- Study: US mobile app experience low
- Top 4 tips to succeed at Mother's Day email
- Ad Roundup: New solutions for personalization, collaboration
- How brands can better manage social
- How data impacts marketing automation
Featured White Papers
- 6 SEO Predictions to Plan for in 2016
To succeed in 2016, marketers must pay heed to a number of critical SEO trends, including how they go about...
- How to Boost Reader Engagement 300%
Building an audience isn't just about quantity: it's also about quality. How can you increase the number of readers who...