News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Only 4% of Americans under 50 not on Facebook
If you're an American aged over 12 and under 50 then you're probably on Facebook. If not, you're in a minority of just 4%.
Since its launch seven years ago, Facebook has attracted over half a billion people around the world, and continues to grow.
Today, more than half (51%) of Americans over the age of 12 have a profile on Facebook, according to Edison Research. Three years ago just 8% were signed up with the social network.
New survey findings released this week by Bank of America and reported by AllFacebook reveal more about the way Americans use Facebook and who is using it.
A statistic that immediately jumps out at you is that a whopping 96% of people in America under the age of 50 now use Facebook. Furthermore, over half (51%) of those users say they have increased their use of the social network over the past 12 months.
Other key findings from the Bank of America survey include:
-82% of Facebook users have concerns about privacy
-69% do not spend less time on other websites as a result of their Facebook use
-48% have intentionally clicked on an ad on Facebook
-48% frequently use the Like button
-40% check Facebook multiple times each day
-36% check Facebook multiple times a day from their mobile device
- Experiences - not amenities - create most social media chatter about hotels
- Younger consumers will share personal data in exchange for more accurate search results
- Forecast: App store spend to increase 33%
- Report shows Southwest winning digital airline wars
- Expert: Why unsubscribes aren't necessarily bad
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...