News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Only 4% of Americans under 50 not on Facebook
If you're an American aged over 12 and under 50 then you're probably on Facebook. If not, you're in a minority of just 4%.
Since its launch seven years ago, Facebook has attracted over half a billion people around the world, and continues to grow.
Today, more than half (51%) of Americans over the age of 12 have a profile on Facebook, according to Edison Research. Three years ago just 8% were signed up with the social network.
New survey findings released this week by Bank of America and reported by AllFacebook reveal more about the way Americans use Facebook and who is using it.
A statistic that immediately jumps out at you is that a whopping 96% of people in America under the age of 50 now use Facebook. Furthermore, over half (51%) of those users say they have increased their use of the social network over the past 12 months.
Other key findings from the Bank of America survey include:
-82% of Facebook users have concerns about privacy
-69% do not spend less time on other websites as a result of their Facebook use
-48% have intentionally clicked on an ad on Facebook
-48% frequently use the Like button
-40% check Facebook multiple times each day
-36% check Facebook multiple times a day from their mobile device
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
Featured White Papers
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...