News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
'Juicy' news from PayPal
At the start of 2012 shoppers could use PayPal at just 2,000 brick-and-mortar stores. Today, their mobile wallet solution is accepted at 23 leading national retailers, exceeding the company's goal of 20 before the end of last year.
eBay-owned PayPal now allows U.S. consumers to connect their existing PayPal account to their mobile device and fund purchases in more than 18,000 physical stores from 23 of the country's leading retailers.
Transactions are currently conducted by entering a phone number and PIN code into the retailer's existing point-of-sale terminal or using a PayPal card.
The 23 brand name retailers who are now working with PayPal are Famous Footwear, Dollar General, Mapco Express, RadioShack, Spartan Stores, Abercrombie & Fitch, Advance Auto Parts, Aéropostale, American Eagle Outfitters, Barnes & Noble, Foot Locker, Guitar Center, the Home Depot, Jamba Juice, JC Penney, Jos. A. Bank Clothiers, Nine West, Office Depot, Rooms To Go, Tiger Direct, and Toys "R" Us.
Order-ahead Feature Planned
Before too long, shoppers may be able to jump the check-out queues by pre-paying for products via PayPal and arranging a pick-up location. This order-ahead feature is currently being tested with Jamba Juice's Emeryville, California, outlet.
How does the order-ahead feature work? "It's very simple, through the PayPal app on your iPhone locate the Emeryville store click on the order-ahead button and place your order," explains Hill Ferguson, VP of Global Product at PayPal. "With this feature you can choose a pick-up-time in store, and pay with PayPal right on your mobile device. When picking-up your beverage, you can bypass the line and cashier and get your smoothie right away."
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Gigya: Facebook winning for logins
- Community Q&A: Do you need it? And how to use it
- Study: SMBs bride personal achievement over money
- DMA (UK) poll reveals most 'marketing friendly' social network
- LinkedIn: 300 million connected, 3 billion to go
- Kenshoo: Paid search continues double-digit yearly growth
Featured White Papers
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...