News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
'Juicy' news from PayPal
At the start of 2012 shoppers could use PayPal at just 2,000 brick-and-mortar stores. Today, their mobile wallet solution is accepted at 23 leading national retailers, exceeding the company's goal of 20 before the end of last year.
eBay-owned PayPal now allows U.S. consumers to connect their existing PayPal account to their mobile device and fund purchases in more than 18,000 physical stores from 23 of the country's leading retailers.
Transactions are currently conducted by entering a phone number and PIN code into the retailer's existing point-of-sale terminal or using a PayPal card.
The 23 brand name retailers who are now working with PayPal are Famous Footwear, Dollar General, Mapco Express, RadioShack, Spartan Stores, Abercrombie & Fitch, Advance Auto Parts, Aéropostale, American Eagle Outfitters, Barnes & Noble, Foot Locker, Guitar Center, the Home Depot, Jamba Juice, JC Penney, Jos. A. Bank Clothiers, Nine West, Office Depot, Rooms To Go, Tiger Direct, and Toys "R" Us.
Order-ahead Feature Planned
Before too long, shoppers may be able to jump the check-out queues by pre-paying for products via PayPal and arranging a pick-up location. This order-ahead feature is currently being tested with Jamba Juice's Emeryville, California, outlet.
How does the order-ahead feature work? "It's very simple, through the PayPal app on your iPhone locate the Emeryville store click on the order-ahead button and place your order," explains Hill Ferguson, VP of Global Product at PayPal. "With this feature you can choose a pick-up-time in store, and pay with PayPal right on your mobile device. When picking-up your beverage, you can bypass the line and cashier and get your smoothie right away."
- Younger B2B buyers' online purchase behavior ignored by suppliers
- Portrait of an affluent consumer
- U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
- Accenture: Execs have tech, need talent to make sense of data
- Study: More people working on home To-Dos from work
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
Featured White Papers
- Transforming Brands into Media Outlets
Storytelling has been around forever, but businesses today need to capitalize on a variety of new tools to tell their...
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...