News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
'Juicy' news from PayPal
At the start of 2012 shoppers could use PayPal at just 2,000 brick-and-mortar stores. Today, their mobile wallet solution is accepted at 23 leading national retailers, exceeding the company's goal of 20 before the end of last year.
eBay-owned PayPal now allows U.S. consumers to connect their existing PayPal account to their mobile device and fund purchases in more than 18,000 physical stores from 23 of the country's leading retailers.
Transactions are currently conducted by entering a phone number and PIN code into the retailer's existing point-of-sale terminal or using a PayPal card.
The 23 brand name retailers who are now working with PayPal are Famous Footwear, Dollar General, Mapco Express, RadioShack, Spartan Stores, Abercrombie & Fitch, Advance Auto Parts, Aéropostale, American Eagle Outfitters, Barnes & Noble, Foot Locker, Guitar Center, the Home Depot, Jamba Juice, JC Penney, Jos. A. Bank Clothiers, Nine West, Office Depot, Rooms To Go, Tiger Direct, and Toys "R" Us.
Order-ahead Feature Planned
Before too long, shoppers may be able to jump the check-out queues by pre-paying for products via PayPal and arranging a pick-up location. This order-ahead feature is currently being tested with Jamba Juice's Emeryville, California, outlet.
How does the order-ahead feature work? "It's very simple, through the PayPal app on your iPhone locate the Emeryville store click on the order-ahead button and place your order," explains Hill Ferguson, VP of Global Product at PayPal. "With this feature you can choose a pick-up-time in store, and pay with PayPal right on your mobile device. When picking-up your beverage, you can bypass the line and cashier and get your smoothie right away."
- The differences between American, European ads and why they matter
- Study: Online video pushing hungry people to burger chains
- Google's HTTPS ranking signal has little to no effect
- 'Huge landmark' as ecommerce mobile traffic overtakes desktop
- Happy birthday, email! Now, what can you do for me?
- Poll: Phone fraud tops $8 billion mark in America
- Webtrends: Top 3 tips to improve online bookings
- Driving website traffic revealed as retailers' biggest challenge
Featured White Papers
- Expert Panel: Brand Strategists Answer Top 5 Social Questions
During SXSW Interactive, we gathered a team of five leading brand strategists to answer the five most pressing social questions...
- The Truth About Cloud Security
"Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?...
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...