News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
'Juicy' news from PayPal
At the start of 2012 shoppers could use PayPal at just 2,000 brick-and-mortar stores. Today, their mobile wallet solution is accepted at 23 leading national retailers, exceeding the company's goal of 20 before the end of last year.
eBay-owned PayPal now allows U.S. consumers to connect their existing PayPal account to their mobile device and fund purchases in more than 18,000 physical stores from 23 of the country's leading retailers.
Transactions are currently conducted by entering a phone number and PIN code into the retailer's existing point-of-sale terminal or using a PayPal card.
The 23 brand name retailers who are now working with PayPal are Famous Footwear, Dollar General, Mapco Express, RadioShack, Spartan Stores, Abercrombie & Fitch, Advance Auto Parts, Aéropostale, American Eagle Outfitters, Barnes & Noble, Foot Locker, Guitar Center, the Home Depot, Jamba Juice, JC Penney, Jos. A. Bank Clothiers, Nine West, Office Depot, Rooms To Go, Tiger Direct, and Toys "R" Us.
Order-ahead Feature Planned
Before too long, shoppers may be able to jump the check-out queues by pre-paying for products via PayPal and arranging a pick-up location. This order-ahead feature is currently being tested with Jamba Juice's Emeryville, California, outlet.
How does the order-ahead feature work? "It's very simple, through the PayPal app on your iPhone locate the Emeryville store click on the order-ahead button and place your order," explains Hill Ferguson, VP of Global Product at PayPal. "With this feature you can choose a pick-up-time in store, and pay with PayPal right on your mobile device. When picking-up your beverage, you can bypass the line and cashier and get your smoothie right away."
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
- Top 6 tips to set retailers up for the 2014 holidays
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....