News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google mobile search algorithm change puts rankings at risk
The majority of Fortune 100 companies could lose search visibility among users of mobile devices in light of Google's impending algorithm changes, according to a new risk assessment by mobile consulting and technology firm Pure Oxygen Labs.
Just 6% of Fortune 100 companies are compliant with Google's impending mobile SEO requirements, found Pure Oxygen Labs' recent assessment. They are Disney, GE, Humana, JP Morgan, and HCA Healthcare.
The upcoming changes to Google's mobile search algorithm could see two-thirds of Fortune 100 companies lose search visibility among consumers on mobile devices.
Faulty redirects are what Google is taking aim at, that is, when a website detects that a mobile device is requesting a URL but does not return the mobile website or, if it does, it takes the user to the mobile homepage and not a requested deep link, such as a product page.
"The consumer does not get the mobile version of the desktop page, which is what they really want," says Brian Klais, CEO of Pure Oxygen Labs. "Google is labeling that a faulty redirect and is saying retailers with faulty redirects will suffer in the rankings."
The assessment also revealed that a little over half (56%) of Fortune 100 companies serve any mobile formatted content to smartphone searchers.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
- Unilever to up digital spend following display ad trial
- FreeWheel: Video ad views up 24% YoY
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...