News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK: Cyber Monday online retail smashes all records
A new online retail record was broken on Cyber Monday in the UK, according to new figures released by Experian, with just three websites accounting for almost a third of all website visits.
Before Cyber Monday, Experian forecast that the mammoth holiday shopping day would break records - and they were right.
This year, online shoppers in the UK made a total of 112 million visits to retail websites on Cyber Monday, up 32% on 2011, and just short of Experians's forecast of 115 million visits (36% rise).
According to James Murray, digital insight manager for Experian, Cyber Monday 2012 was "the biggest single day of online shopping we've ever witnessed".
Online shoppers set new records for the amount of time spent shopping online in a single day, spending 15 hours on retail sites - on average consumers spent 8 minutes and 12 seconds per visit.
"There is still plenty of shopping time between now and Christmas however, and in particular we are expecting a lot of last-minute panic buying online on Christmas Eve as consumers take advantage of click-and-collect services," added Murray.
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...