News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK: Cyber Monday online retail smashes all records
A new online retail record was broken on Cyber Monday in the UK, according to new figures released by Experian, with just three websites accounting for almost a third of all website visits.
Before Cyber Monday, Experian forecast that the mammoth holiday shopping day would break records - and they were right.
This year, online shoppers in the UK made a total of 112 million visits to retail websites on Cyber Monday, up 32% on 2011, and just short of Experians's forecast of 115 million visits (36% rise).
According to James Murray, digital insight manager for Experian, Cyber Monday 2012 was "the biggest single day of online shopping we've ever witnessed".
Online shoppers set new records for the amount of time spent shopping online in a single day, spending 15 hours on retail sites - on average consumers spent 8 minutes and 12 seconds per visit.
"There is still plenty of shopping time between now and Christmas however, and in particular we are expecting a lot of last-minute panic buying online on Christmas Eve as consumers take advantage of click-and-collect services," added Murray.
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
- Reports: Mobile economy flourishing
- Top 3 trends to push marketers ahead in 2015
- Consumers want marketing email based on previous purchases
- Kenshoo highlights rise in Facebook ad spend
- Study: Americans don't understand their health plan
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...