News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK: Cyber Monday online retail smashes all records
A new online retail record was broken on Cyber Monday in the UK, according to new figures released by Experian, with just three websites accounting for almost a third of all website visits.
Before Cyber Monday, Experian forecast that the mammoth holiday shopping day would break records - and they were right.
This year, online shoppers in the UK made a total of 112 million visits to retail websites on Cyber Monday, up 32% on 2011, and just short of Experians's forecast of 115 million visits (36% rise).
According to James Murray, digital insight manager for Experian, Cyber Monday 2012 was "the biggest single day of online shopping we've ever witnessed".
Online shoppers set new records for the amount of time spent shopping online in a single day, spending 15 hours on retail sites - on average consumers spent 8 minutes and 12 seconds per visit.
"There is still plenty of shopping time between now and Christmas however, and in particular we are expecting a lot of last-minute panic buying online on Christmas Eve as consumers take advantage of click-and-collect services," added Murray.
- Study: Mobile video a compliment to TV
- Mobile sites leaving customers hungry
- Survey: Most create videos as keepsakes
- Ad RoundUp: Ecommerce deployments key in on data
- Online and mobile shopping experience still failing to meet consumer expectations
- Which products have the highest online browse-to-buy correlation?
- Millennials: Speed and high-quality images the difference between bounce or buy on mobile
- Smartphone shopping up but revenue remains low
Featured White Papers
- 7 ways the mobile consumer changes everything infographic
Download the infographic "7 Ways the Mobile Consumer Changes Everything" to learn how to optimize your web content for mobile,...
- Re-Engineer Your Business For Mobile Moments
More than ever, customers are turning to their mobile devices to browse, shop, and research. This increase in usage puts...