News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK: Cyber Monday online retail smashes all records
A new online retail record was broken on Cyber Monday in the UK, according to new figures released by Experian, with just three websites accounting for almost a third of all website visits.
Before Cyber Monday, Experian forecast that the mammoth holiday shopping day would break records - and they were right.
This year, online shoppers in the UK made a total of 112 million visits to retail websites on Cyber Monday, up 32% on 2011, and just short of Experians's forecast of 115 million visits (36% rise).
According to James Murray, digital insight manager for Experian, Cyber Monday 2012 was "the biggest single day of online shopping we've ever witnessed".
Online shoppers set new records for the amount of time spent shopping online in a single day, spending 15 hours on retail sites - on average consumers spent 8 minutes and 12 seconds per visit.
"There is still plenty of shopping time between now and Christmas however, and in particular we are expecting a lot of last-minute panic buying online on Christmas Eve as consumers take advantage of click-and-collect services," added Murray.
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Gigya: Facebook winning for logins
- Community Q&A: Do you need it? And how to use it
- Study: SMBs bride personal achievement over money
- DMA (UK) poll reveals most 'marketing friendly' social network
- LinkedIn: 300 million connected, 3 billion to go
- Kenshoo: Paid search continues double-digit yearly growth
Featured White Papers
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...