News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK: Cyber Monday online retail smashes all records
A new online retail record was broken on Cyber Monday in the UK, according to new figures released by Experian, with just three websites accounting for almost a third of all website visits.
Before Cyber Monday, Experian forecast that the mammoth holiday shopping day would break records - and they were right.
This year, online shoppers in the UK made a total of 112 million visits to retail websites on Cyber Monday, up 32% on 2011, and just short of Experians's forecast of 115 million visits (36% rise).
According to James Murray, digital insight manager for Experian, Cyber Monday 2012 was "the biggest single day of online shopping we've ever witnessed".
Online shoppers set new records for the amount of time spent shopping online in a single day, spending 15 hours on retail sites - on average consumers spent 8 minutes and 12 seconds per visit.
"There is still plenty of shopping time between now and Christmas however, and in particular we are expecting a lot of last-minute panic buying online on Christmas Eve as consumers take advantage of click-and-collect services," added Murray.
- Colors affect sharing behavior on Pinterest
- Survey highlights importance of returns process to consumer loyalty
- 45% of marketers to invest in events during 2015
- Barclays Bank launches Twitter payments
- Advertising for young children looks promising on a new YouTube app for kids
- Twitter responses to customer queries slow and sloppy
- App channel worth over £4 billion to UK brands
- Facebook: 2 million advertisers milestone and new mobile ad manager
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- How to Promote and Measure Hashtag Campaigns
A single hashtag can connect your brand messaging across each of the major social networks. Learn how hashtags can be...