News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Expert: How in-app guides can help brand
In-app guides are becoming a new way for brands to engage, offering highly targeted content, in the mobile space. But, what is the best way for brands to begin using in-app guides?
Kristina: Why are in-app guides becoming so important for brands in the mobile space?
Todd Olson, Founder & CEO, Pendo: There are two primary reasons:
1) By design, there is no explicit help on mobile devices, yet apps can require unintuitive actions to deliver value. For example, a 3 finger swipe to the right may not be obvious, but once explained is quite easy to repeat.
2) Many in-app guides provide the ability to communicate with users in-app without requiring a push of the app. Waiting for app store approval takes time, so in-app guide platforms become a way to move faster.
Kristina: How difficult is it for brands to add these guides into their digital presence?
Todd: The level of effort is commensurate with the desired guides, but in general these can be very easy to create. Many systems provide the idea of a template that allows teams to rapidly add new messages without having to know any technical details.
Kristina: What are your top 3 tips for brands to integrate in-app guides into their strategy?
Todd: 1. Start small and iterate. I don't recommend really complex messaging until teams have experimented with a few different types. Every product and user case is different, so it's important to tailor the strategy to your business.
2. Don't treat every user as the same. This is really key. Personalizing the messages for groups of end users increases the likelihood that a user will receive value from it.
3. Measure and refine. The goal isn't creating a message in-app. The goal is driving behavior. If the message isn't driving the desired behavior, adjust. Keep adjusting until you deliver the intended outcome.
- Video ad campaigns with subtitles outperform in brand awareness
- Two-thirds of ad execs Google prospective employees
- 61% of brand content on Snapchat is video
- Survey: Trust influences more consumers to share information
- Expert: Travel next up for programmatic direct
- Expert: How to reduce involuntary churn
- New service alerts marketers when competitors air new TV ads
- 170% rise in ad requests containing location data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...