News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Poor customer service pushes consumers away
Good customer service is more important than ever. That is the takeaway from a new report out from Aspect Software. According to their research most consumers want the ability to solve product/service problems on their own while over half have switched brands because of poor customer service.
Aspect Software has released new details into the customer service realm; while it's no secret that customer service is important their data sheds light onto something new: customer service and customer experience are now linked. According to the report 76% of consumers look at customer service as a test of their value to a brand.
The report also indicates most (3 in 4) consumers solve customer service issues on their own. Millennials, by the way, say their customer service expectations have increased since 2012 and 56% say they've switched brands within the past year because of poor customer service.
"The average consumer interacts with customer service 65 times a year, yet they are increasingly underwhelmed with an experience that does not reflect consumers' digital and mobile preference nor their desire to resolve issues on their own. This represents a tremendous missed opportunity for companies to build business and secure customer loyalty," says Joe Gagnon, SVP and GM of Aspect's Cloud Solutions. "As Millennials are more 'experience-loyal' than 'brand-loyal,' consumer engagement is quickly becoming a far more influential factor in building positive brand perception. It's imperative that businesses adapt their customer service strategies to deliver an interaction strategy that addresses Millennial engagement preferences."
Other interesting takeaways from the report include:
• 73% want the ability to solve product/service issues on their own
• 65% of all respondents, 69% of Millennials say they 'feel good' about the company, themselves when they can solve a problem solo
• One-third say they'd 'rather clean a toilet' than speak with customer service
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: Where retailers should focus this holiday season
- Top 3 tips to create stronger video content
- Forecast: Holidays could be a boon to retailers
- 'Password fatigue' drives social login use
- Millennial-led SMBs defining new world order for marketing
- Online payment fraud costing U.S. merchants billions
- Online ad viewability in UK remains below 50%
- Mobile banking logins outpacing desktop
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....