News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
There is a new danger in the online space, marketers, and it may be in your data silos even now. Dirty data, or data that has been compromised in some way, is becoming a big problem for brands. In fact, according to new data out from Integrate about 40% of data generated for B2B brands may be 'dirty'.
What is dirty data? The report identifies dirty data as containing invalid or incomplete information, duplicated entries, and they note that of the more than 775,000 pieces of data they examined more than one-third (40%) was found to be contaminated in some way.
"As marketing becomes increasingly data-driven, it's time for marketers to make data quality a top priority," said Scott Vaughan, CMO of Integrate. "Integrate's analysis clearly shows that marketers are generating a large portion of poor quality leads, including those with improper formatting and even inaccuracies. Bad prospect information can have negative consequences, including wasted media investment, squandered resources and poor customer experience, which marketers simply can't afford."
Some interesting takeaways from the report include:
• 15% of dirty data comes from duplications
• 10% from invalid values or ranges
• 8% from missing fields
• Dirty data could cost B2B brands more than $2.5 million
"Dirty data is the silent killer of marketing campaigns," says Matt Heinz, President of Heinz Marketing. "It makes you look bad, depresses the impact of great content and offers, and can put your brand, reputation and domain at risk (or worse). Ignore this report and its implications for your business at your peril."
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
- Top tips to reduce involuntary churn
- Smart Glasses that look like regular specs will invigorate market
- Less than 1 in 5 CRM managers feel they contribute to business revenues
- Forecast: Retail to show steady growth through 2017
- Report: Mobile CTOs down YoY
- Report: Desktops still lead online spending
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...