News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Soon B2B mobile traffic will outstrip B2C
Business to Consumer (B2C) businesses have traditionally led Business to Business (B2B) brands in both online and mobile traffic. However, according to new data out from Usablenet that is about to change. Their data shows, thanks to the rapid adoption of mobile by B2B brands, mobile traffic to their sites will soon outpace B2C traffic.
Reading reviews, comparing features and pricing are just a few of the things B2B customers are doing in the mobile space, and their adoption of mobile platforms is what will soon push B2B brands ahead of B2C's for mobile traffic. That according to new data out from Usablenet which shows that while m:commerce accounts for less than 10% of B2B sales more than half are shifting transactions from offline to online or self-serve options.
"The percentage of B2B traffic coming from mobile will soon match the 22% of traffic from mobile on B2C sites," was written in the report. "Mobile commerce appears to be the future of B2B selling for of companies. 48% of B2B companies reported plans to add a mobile sales channel."
The data further shows:
• 56% of B2B customers read reviews via mobile
• 55% read product details
• 50% compare features
• 48% compare prices
The reason is their customers' rapid adoption of mobile platforms. That adoption mirrors the adoption of the mobile public, which shows a growing number watching videos, reading newspapers and other content and staying up to date with social networks via mobile devices. While B2B customers are doing all those things, about half (52%) are also using their mobiles to research products for their businesses.
Image via Shutterstock
- Online shoppers excited about possibility of drone deliveries
- Colors affect sharing behavior on Pinterest
- Survey highlights importance of returns process to consumer loyalty
- 45% of marketers to invest in events during 2015
- Barclays Bank launches Twitter payments
- Advertising for young children looks promising on a new YouTube app for kids
- Twitter responses to customer queries slow and sloppy
- App channel worth over £4 billion to UK brands
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- How to Promote and Measure Hashtag Campaigns
A single hashtag can connect your brand messaging across each of the major social networks. Learn how hashtags can be...