News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Soon B2B mobile traffic will outstrip B2C
Business to Consumer (B2C) businesses have traditionally led Business to Business (B2B) brands in both online and mobile traffic. However, according to new data out from Usablenet that is about to change. Their data shows, thanks to the rapid adoption of mobile by B2B brands, mobile traffic to their sites will soon outpace B2C traffic.
Reading reviews, comparing features and pricing are just a few of the things B2B customers are doing in the mobile space, and their adoption of mobile platforms is what will soon push B2B brands ahead of B2C's for mobile traffic. That according to new data out from Usablenet which shows that while m:commerce accounts for less than 10% of B2B sales more than half are shifting transactions from offline to online or self-serve options.
"The percentage of B2B traffic coming from mobile will soon match the 22% of traffic from mobile on B2C sites," was written in the report. "Mobile commerce appears to be the future of B2B selling for of companies. 48% of B2B companies reported plans to add a mobile sales channel."
The data further shows:
• 56% of B2B customers read reviews via mobile
• 55% read product details
• 50% compare features
• 48% compare prices
The reason is their customers' rapid adoption of mobile platforms. That adoption mirrors the adoption of the mobile public, which shows a growing number watching videos, reading newspapers and other content and staying up to date with social networks via mobile devices. While B2B customers are doing all those things, about half (52%) are also using their mobiles to research products for their businesses.
Image via Shutterstock
- Reports: Strong start to holiday season
- Expert: What will drive mobile in 2016
- More than half of consumers would pay for better customer care from preferred brands
- UK mobile email open rates at highest ever but conversions in decline
- More than three-quarters of all Black Friday mobile orders made on an Apple device
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...