News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Sales, marketing disconnect resulting in bad customer experience
It is no secret that a bad experience - whether in store or online - can hurt the reputation of a business. New data out from Showpad and Demand Metric shows just how important experience has become because in a majority of cases (72%) bad sales experiences result in a loss of revenue.
According to new data out from Showpad and Demand Metric, just over half of sales and marketing pros agree that when a bad sales experience occurs there is an immediate loss in opportunity for the business. That lost opportunity can take months or even years to repair, which means the company doesn't just lose that one sale, but other potential sales that would have been made moving forward.
"We have seen that the cost of a bad sales experience is high, with most companies leaving millions on the table. Fortunately there are powerful solutions to help companies to overcome these challenges," said Pieterjan Bouten, Co-Founder and CEO, Showpad. "Delivering the right content, in context, at the right time has proven to be critical to avoid a bad sales experience."
Some interesting takeaways from the report include:
• 70% of sales pros report 'striking out' when engaged with qualified prospects
• 64% of sales pros believe marketing content is 'neutral to ineffective'
• 76% of marketing pros believe their content is 'effective'
• 47% of sales pros report they 'don't get support' from the marketing department
"The results of this recent survey clearly show that companies across the board are consistently losing revenue because of bad sales experiences," said Jerry Rackley, Chief Analyst, Demand Metric. "We've been able to derive some valuable insights that can help the marketing and sales functions understand how to better collaborate to ensure that bad sales experiences become a thing of the past."
Most marketing and sales pros admit there is a breakdown between their departments, but in this report neither 'side' admitting culpability in the miscommunications that cause prospects to turn away from sales calls.
Image via Shutterstock
- Report: Email, mobile key to retail success
- Expert: Data key for financial campaigns
- "Fat" ads slowing down publishers' websites
- IoT making impact on business but barriers remain
- CPG brands spending more on digital ads than traditional
- Mobile video content more effective on publishers' website than social
- Email open rate in UK higher on tablets than US
- IAB: No YoY rise in UK ad-blocking
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...