News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Sales, marketing disconnect resulting in bad customer experience
It is no secret that a bad experience - whether in store or online - can hurt the reputation of a business. New data out from Showpad and Demand Metric shows just how important experience has become because in a majority of cases (72%) bad sales experiences result in a loss of revenue.
According to new data out from Showpad and Demand Metric, just over half of sales and marketing pros agree that when a bad sales experience occurs there is an immediate loss in opportunity for the business. That lost opportunity can take months or even years to repair, which means the company doesn't just lose that one sale, but other potential sales that would have been made moving forward.
"We have seen that the cost of a bad sales experience is high, with most companies leaving millions on the table. Fortunately there are powerful solutions to help companies to overcome these challenges," said Pieterjan Bouten, Co-Founder and CEO, Showpad. "Delivering the right content, in context, at the right time has proven to be critical to avoid a bad sales experience."
Some interesting takeaways from the report include:
• 70% of sales pros report 'striking out' when engaged with qualified prospects
• 64% of sales pros believe marketing content is 'neutral to ineffective'
• 76% of marketing pros believe their content is 'effective'
• 47% of sales pros report they 'don't get support' from the marketing department
"The results of this recent survey clearly show that companies across the board are consistently losing revenue because of bad sales experiences," said Jerry Rackley, Chief Analyst, Demand Metric. "We've been able to derive some valuable insights that can help the marketing and sales functions understand how to better collaborate to ensure that bad sales experiences become a thing of the past."
Most marketing and sales pros admit there is a breakdown between their departments, but in this report neither 'side' admitting culpability in the miscommunications that cause prospects to turn away from sales calls.
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: Take a page from the Genius Bar to improve CSR
- Report: Welcome messages on the rise
- Top 3 tips to create a stronger data strategy
- Study finds more people unwilling to share data
- Study: Internet speeds up globally
- Study IDs how Millennials engage with traditional media
- Report: Half of online buys happen after an hour
- Expert: Why real time isn't fast enough
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...