News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Avangate: Shoppers find online services useful, will pay to play
More shoppers are actively surfing the web to find exactly what they want - and they're willing to shop around to get the right price on everything from clothes and electronics to new cars. How are they finding the goods and the prices? Online services.
"Online Services it the next trillion dollar market being accelerated by the explosion of cloud computing and mobility coupled with increased consumer demand to purchase whenever, wherever and however they want," said Carl Theobald, Avangate CEO. "This proliferation of new service offerings is cutting across all industries - from finding a limo driver to accessing business software, to receiving legal advice. In this new world where buyers are in control, the expectations for online service providers to personalize and seamlessly sell, deliver and support have been permanently raised. We call this the New Services Economy."
According to the Avangate report:
• 63% of US adults are already using online services with half saying they pay for the services
• 60% say they'd pay for a service if first offered a free trial
• 50% say they'd pay for online services if they could modify as needed and on the go
But all is not rosy with online services - the report also finds nearly half of consumers are frustrated by a lack of live support for their services while 41% say it's hard to make purchases and one-third (35%) report slow customer service.
This summer Avangate will release their Commerce solution which offers self-service options for A/B testing, cross selling and promotions as well as simplified ordering and call center options to ensure customer service issues are answered promptly.
"This will help companies speed time-to-market, eliminate integration headaches, and rapidly launch new services in 180 countries worldwide without dedicating valuable resources and facing the constraints inherent to in-house, build it yourself from the ground up offerings," said Michael Ni, Avangate CMO and SVP of Marketing and Products.
Image via Shutterstock
- Personal data: Lack of trust could hinder business growth
- 'Digiboomers' neglected by marketers
- UK: Pureplay online sales will exceed multichannel retailers' this year
- Report: Brands need to up their content focus
- Report shows shoppers want retail everywhere
- Report: Cash still top American payment method
- SMBs: How to remain visible during the election push
- Brands: How to prepare for a non-Flash environment
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Nation Online - The Next Era
Ready for the year's most innovative online conference for marketers? Join us on Wednesday, September 2nd from 9:30am - 1:00pm...