News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Avangate: Shoppers find online services useful, will pay to play
More shoppers are actively surfing the web to find exactly what they want - and they're willing to shop around to get the right price on everything from clothes and electronics to new cars. How are they finding the goods and the prices? Online services.
"Online Services it the next trillion dollar market being accelerated by the explosion of cloud computing and mobility coupled with increased consumer demand to purchase whenever, wherever and however they want," said Carl Theobald, Avangate CEO. "This proliferation of new service offerings is cutting across all industries - from finding a limo driver to accessing business software, to receiving legal advice. In this new world where buyers are in control, the expectations for online service providers to personalize and seamlessly sell, deliver and support have been permanently raised. We call this the New Services Economy."
According to the Avangate report:
• 63% of US adults are already using online services with half saying they pay for the services
• 60% say they'd pay for a service if first offered a free trial
• 50% say they'd pay for online services if they could modify as needed and on the go
But all is not rosy with online services - the report also finds nearly half of consumers are frustrated by a lack of live support for their services while 41% say it's hard to make purchases and one-third (35%) report slow customer service.
This summer Avangate will release their Commerce solution which offers self-service options for A/B testing, cross selling and promotions as well as simplified ordering and call center options to ensure customer service issues are answered promptly.
"This will help companies speed time-to-market, eliminate integration headaches, and rapidly launch new services in 180 countries worldwide without dedicating valuable resources and facing the constraints inherent to in-house, build it yourself from the ground up offerings," said Michael Ni, Avangate CMO and SVP of Marketing and Products.
Image via Shutterstock
- Unique products, better prices motivates cross-border ecommerce
- Gen Z keen to engage with mobile video
- Expert: How to determine if a subscription service is good business
- Ad Roundup: Targeting key for video, digital products
- Top 3 tips to create speech analytics strategy
- Snapchat rumored to be rolling out behavioral targeting for advertisers
- Working 9-5 becoming a thing of the past?
- Accordant Media: 151% increase in global programmatic auction volume
Featured White Papers
- 10 Ways to Improve Your Content Marketing Today
Great content shows that you understand the customer and their problems and that you want and are able to help...
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...
- Key Tools for Engagement Marketing
Dig into the concept of digital marketing and how to be successful in today's modern, complex business landscape...