News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Content marketing earmarked for higher investment for lead generation
Very few marketers in small and mid-sized businesses feel their lead generation processes are effective. While email remains the most popular channel for generating new leads, the majority of marketers are looking to increase content marketing investment.
The online survey of 200 marketers from small to mid-sized companies, commissioned by Salesfusion and conducted by Demand Metric Research Corporation, found that less than 10% believe their approaches to lead generation were effective.
Furthermore, more than half (58%) said their lead generation efforts did not yield enough leads.
"The study verified what we've been hearing," says Christian Nahas, CEO of Salesfusion. "Marketers need an easier way to accurately identify leads as interested and qualified and they need to deliver those leads to their sales teams at the right time. Marketing professionals are being held increasingly more accountable for budgets and business impact. As the demand for data on marketers continues to increase, smarter tools and more accurate and easy-to-read data will also be increasingly important."
The study findings reveal that the most-used lead generation tool is email - cited by 78% of respondents - closely followed by event marketing and tradeshows (73%) and content marketing (67%). Of the three, content marketing has been earmarked by 70% as being targeted for the greatest increase in investment.
Other findings include:
- 40% of companies said the biggest budget decreases will come from event marketing;
- Web forms are the most popular method of capturing leads (73%);
- 45% of companies store leads in a CRM system while 17% use spreadsheets.
Image via Shutterstock
- SMBs: How to remain visible during the election push
- Brands: How to prepare for a non-Flash environment
- BrightEdge: Brands are missing consumer engagement with content
- Experts weigh in on the death of Flash
- Study finds payment issues top affiliates' complaint list
- Study: Indian mobile use skyrocketing
- How travel brands can stop fraud
- Cart abandonment rates lower for charities than other sectors
Featured White Papers
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Building Your Custom Attribution Model
Solving the attribution problem will be one of the most important things you do to boost ROI for your organization....
- What drives Email Open Rates
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email engagement metrics across five somewhat similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email activity...