News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Content marketing earmarked for higher investment for lead generation
Very few marketers in small and mid-sized businesses feel their lead generation processes are effective. While email remains the most popular channel for generating new leads, the majority of marketers are looking to increase content marketing investment.
The online survey of 200 marketers from small to mid-sized companies, commissioned by Salesfusion and conducted by Demand Metric Research Corporation, found that less than 10% believe their approaches to lead generation were effective.
Furthermore, more than half (58%) said their lead generation efforts did not yield enough leads.
"The study verified what we've been hearing," says Christian Nahas, CEO of Salesfusion. "Marketers need an easier way to accurately identify leads as interested and qualified and they need to deliver those leads to their sales teams at the right time. Marketing professionals are being held increasingly more accountable for budgets and business impact. As the demand for data on marketers continues to increase, smarter tools and more accurate and easy-to-read data will also be increasingly important."
The study findings reveal that the most-used lead generation tool is email - cited by 78% of respondents - closely followed by event marketing and tradeshows (73%) and content marketing (67%). Of the three, content marketing has been earmarked by 70% as being targeted for the greatest increase in investment.
Other findings include:
- 40% of companies said the biggest budget decreases will come from event marketing;
- Web forms are the most popular method of capturing leads (73%);
- 45% of companies store leads in a CRM system while 17% use spreadsheets.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...