News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Content marketing earmarked for higher investment for lead generation
Very few marketers in small and mid-sized businesses feel their lead generation processes are effective. While email remains the most popular channel for generating new leads, the majority of marketers are looking to increase content marketing investment.
The online survey of 200 marketers from small to mid-sized companies, commissioned by Salesfusion and conducted by Demand Metric Research Corporation, found that less than 10% believe their approaches to lead generation were effective.
Furthermore, more than half (58%) said their lead generation efforts did not yield enough leads.
"The study verified what we've been hearing," says Christian Nahas, CEO of Salesfusion. "Marketers need an easier way to accurately identify leads as interested and qualified and they need to deliver those leads to their sales teams at the right time. Marketing professionals are being held increasingly more accountable for budgets and business impact. As the demand for data on marketers continues to increase, smarter tools and more accurate and easy-to-read data will also be increasingly important."
The study findings reveal that the most-used lead generation tool is email - cited by 78% of respondents - closely followed by event marketing and tradeshows (73%) and content marketing (67%). Of the three, content marketing has been earmarked by 70% as being targeted for the greatest increase in investment.
Other findings include:
- 40% of companies said the biggest budget decreases will come from event marketing;
- Web forms are the most popular method of capturing leads (73%);
- 45% of companies store leads in a CRM system while 17% use spreadsheets.
Image via Shutterstock
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Blueprints for Social Network Success
The Big 6 social networks offer tremendous marketing opportunites--and each one is very different. That's why Spredfast has assembled our...
- CRM's Dirty Little Secret: How to Avoid CRM Sticker Shock
The way companies use and pay for customer relationship management software has changed significantly over the past decade. Moving from...