News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Content marketing earmarked for higher investment for lead generation
Very few marketers in small and mid-sized businesses feel their lead generation processes are effective. While email remains the most popular channel for generating new leads, the majority of marketers are looking to increase content marketing investment.
The online survey of 200 marketers from small to mid-sized companies, commissioned by Salesfusion and conducted by Demand Metric Research Corporation, found that less than 10% believe their approaches to lead generation were effective.
Furthermore, more than half (58%) said their lead generation efforts did not yield enough leads.
"The study verified what we've been hearing," says Christian Nahas, CEO of Salesfusion. "Marketers need an easier way to accurately identify leads as interested and qualified and they need to deliver those leads to their sales teams at the right time. Marketing professionals are being held increasingly more accountable for budgets and business impact. As the demand for data on marketers continues to increase, smarter tools and more accurate and easy-to-read data will also be increasingly important."
The study findings reveal that the most-used lead generation tool is email - cited by 78% of respondents - closely followed by event marketing and tradeshows (73%) and content marketing (67%). Of the three, content marketing has been earmarked by 70% as being targeted for the greatest increase in investment.
Other findings include:
- 40% of companies said the biggest budget decreases will come from event marketing;
- Web forms are the most popular method of capturing leads (73%);
- 45% of companies store leads in a CRM system while 17% use spreadsheets.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...