News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips for better transactional messaging
Every time of the year is important, but during the holiday season transactional messaging can make or break a retailer's bottom line. That is because more people are doing more shopping - and those transactional messaging have huge potential to engage, re-engage and become conversions.
Kristina: What is the key to transactional messaging that will engender a response from consumers?
Tom Mairs, Director of Client Solutions Engineering, Message Systems: • Be useful and relevant. Adding messages about how customers can save time or money with a companion item is acceptable and builds a deeper relationship.
Ex: "Thanks for booking your flight with us. Click below and we will send a mobile reminder to your phone a day before you board. Here are a few discount coupons for dinner near the airport"
Kristina: What are your top three tips for better transactional messages?
Tom: • Be immediate, relevant and valuable.
• If a new user signs up to your service on a web site, you NEED to return a confirmation message immediately. If a user has to wait more than a few minutes to receive a confirmation mail, you have probably lost them already. If you are processing a sale, the same time frame applies to order confirmations.
• Return information that is relevant to them. If they indicated they are male and their favorite color is blue, do NOT send them a link for a pink dress.
• Make the transaction worthwhile and valuable with a discount code for their first order, or important information about deals or events in their area.
• The key to good transactional messaging is to imagine the customer standing across the sales counter from you in your store. It's a conversation. "Would you like fries with that?
You can read part one of my chat with Tom and Message Systems, including how transactional impacts businesses, here.
Image via Shutterstock
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...