News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How many Twitter profiles does a brand need?
How many Twitter profiles does a brand need? The latest research reveals that brands can have as many as 44 Twitter profiles, each catering to specific customer needs and consisting of broadcast and engagement channels.
New research from Brandwatch reveals that the number of brands using multiple profiles on Twitter has significantly increased over the last three years - from 7% to 63% - and is up 28% on last year.
So, what is driving this increase? From an examination of various brands' Twitter use, including Dell, it appears that having a separate Twitter account for each department or function of a company is how brands utilize the microblogging platform.
Dell, for example, has 44 different Twitter accounts ranging from that of the CEO to their corporate blog, the social media outreach team and the PartnerDirect program. Ricardo Guerrero, responsible for the creation of the Dell Outlet Twitter Program believes that the more Twitter accounts the less confusing and more convenient it is for consumers to get in touch with the people most able to address their query.
Most brands with multiple Twitter profiles have a mix of accounts that allow for consumer engagement as well as the broadcasting of news or company, product information.
"Having different Twitter accounts makes a brand more human, as the customer knows it is a person on the other end and that they are specialists in resolving the problem you are facing," writes Brandwatch marketing executive, Gina Horton, on the company's blog.
"This is a perfect example of how businesses are turning social, consumers are no longer passive to a brand's message: we talk back, and we'd rather be talking to a person."
- In-store pricing versus online: Getting the price right at the right time
- Investment in the online shopping experience paying dividends for retailers
- Survey: Mobile a sore spot for luxury brands
- Study: Switching economy could cost US brands $1 trillion
- Does your business send packages? USPS postal rates change
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...