News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How many Twitter profiles does a brand need?
How many Twitter profiles does a brand need? The latest research reveals that brands can have as many as 44 Twitter profiles, each catering to specific customer needs and consisting of broadcast and engagement channels.
New research from Brandwatch reveals that the number of brands using multiple profiles on Twitter has significantly increased over the last three years - from 7% to 63% - and is up 28% on last year.
So, what is driving this increase? From an examination of various brands' Twitter use, including Dell, it appears that having a separate Twitter account for each department or function of a company is how brands utilize the microblogging platform.
Dell, for example, has 44 different Twitter accounts ranging from that of the CEO to their corporate blog, the social media outreach team and the PartnerDirect program. Ricardo Guerrero, responsible for the creation of the Dell Outlet Twitter Program believes that the more Twitter accounts the less confusing and more convenient it is for consumers to get in touch with the people most able to address their query.
Most brands with multiple Twitter profiles have a mix of accounts that allow for consumer engagement as well as the broadcasting of news or company, product information.
"Having different Twitter accounts makes a brand more human, as the customer knows it is a person on the other end and that they are specialists in resolving the problem you are facing," writes Brandwatch marketing executive, Gina Horton, on the company's blog.
"This is a perfect example of how businesses are turning social, consumers are no longer passive to a brand's message: we talk back, and we'd rather be talking to a person."
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....