News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How many Twitter profiles does a brand need?
How many Twitter profiles does a brand need? The latest research reveals that brands can have as many as 44 Twitter profiles, each catering to specific customer needs and consisting of broadcast and engagement channels.
New research from Brandwatch reveals that the number of brands using multiple profiles on Twitter has significantly increased over the last three years - from 7% to 63% - and is up 28% on last year.
So, what is driving this increase? From an examination of various brands' Twitter use, including Dell, it appears that having a separate Twitter account for each department or function of a company is how brands utilize the microblogging platform.
Dell, for example, has 44 different Twitter accounts ranging from that of the CEO to their corporate blog, the social media outreach team and the PartnerDirect program. Ricardo Guerrero, responsible for the creation of the Dell Outlet Twitter Program believes that the more Twitter accounts the less confusing and more convenient it is for consumers to get in touch with the people most able to address their query.
Most brands with multiple Twitter profiles have a mix of accounts that allow for consumer engagement as well as the broadcasting of news or company, product information.
"Having different Twitter accounts makes a brand more human, as the customer knows it is a person on the other end and that they are specialists in resolving the problem you are facing," writes Brandwatch marketing executive, Gina Horton, on the company's blog.
"This is a perfect example of how businesses are turning social, consumers are no longer passive to a brand's message: we talk back, and we'd rather be talking to a person."
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...