News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How many Twitter profiles does a brand need?
How many Twitter profiles does a brand need? The latest research reveals that brands can have as many as 44 Twitter profiles, each catering to specific customer needs and consisting of broadcast and engagement channels.
New research from Brandwatch reveals that the number of brands using multiple profiles on Twitter has significantly increased over the last three years - from 7% to 63% - and is up 28% on last year.
So, what is driving this increase? From an examination of various brands' Twitter use, including Dell, it appears that having a separate Twitter account for each department or function of a company is how brands utilize the microblogging platform.
Dell, for example, has 44 different Twitter accounts ranging from that of the CEO to their corporate blog, the social media outreach team and the PartnerDirect program. Ricardo Guerrero, responsible for the creation of the Dell Outlet Twitter Program believes that the more Twitter accounts the less confusing and more convenient it is for consumers to get in touch with the people most able to address their query.
Most brands with multiple Twitter profiles have a mix of accounts that allow for consumer engagement as well as the broadcasting of news or company, product information.
"Having different Twitter accounts makes a brand more human, as the customer knows it is a person on the other end and that they are specialists in resolving the problem you are facing," writes Brandwatch marketing executive, Gina Horton, on the company's blog.
"This is a perfect example of how businesses are turning social, consumers are no longer passive to a brand's message: we talk back, and we'd rather be talking to a person."
- The most shared video clips depend on region
- Top tax tips that will protect your information
- Report: Millennials spending more time with UGC
- New AdWords format includes detailed consumer opinion data
- Quarter of UK's top finance brands have no mobile website, apps
- Report reveals men's emerging role in household supermarket shopping chore
- How data will impact businesses in 2014
- Report: Social pushing coupon search, use
Featured White Papers
- Choosing the Best Web CMS for Customer Experience Management
In this paper, learn how to choose the right CMS for you and your business from the eyes of a...
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....