News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How many Twitter profiles does a brand need?
How many Twitter profiles does a brand need? The latest research reveals that brands can have as many as 44 Twitter profiles, each catering to specific customer needs and consisting of broadcast and engagement channels.
New research from Brandwatch reveals that the number of brands using multiple profiles on Twitter has significantly increased over the last three years - from 7% to 63% - and is up 28% on last year.
So, what is driving this increase? From an examination of various brands' Twitter use, including Dell, it appears that having a separate Twitter account for each department or function of a company is how brands utilize the microblogging platform.
Dell, for example, has 44 different Twitter accounts ranging from that of the CEO to their corporate blog, the social media outreach team and the PartnerDirect program. Ricardo Guerrero, responsible for the creation of the Dell Outlet Twitter Program believes that the more Twitter accounts the less confusing and more convenient it is for consumers to get in touch with the people most able to address their query.
Most brands with multiple Twitter profiles have a mix of accounts that allow for consumer engagement as well as the broadcasting of news or company, product information.
"Having different Twitter accounts makes a brand more human, as the customer knows it is a person on the other end and that they are specialists in resolving the problem you are facing," writes Brandwatch marketing executive, Gina Horton, on the company's blog.
"This is a perfect example of how businesses are turning social, consumers are no longer passive to a brand's message: we talk back, and we'd rather be talking to a person."
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...