News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Elance: More businesses using freelancers to expand globally
To date, most freelancers have been hired on a project-by-project basis, for businesses within a similar geographic region. Sometimes, only within the same city. Not any longer - or at least not as much today. According to Elance about 70% of businesses are now hiring freelancers - around the globe - to fill gaps or to expand their base.
In the past, freelancers were hired to help businesses control payroll costs. Now, according to the new Global Online Employment Report from Elance the 'cost savings' reasoning is down 45%. SMBs are now hiring freelancers to fill skill gaps.
New data out from Elance shows more business are looking for remote workers - and willing to pay for it. Both global hiring and freelance wages improved by better than 50% through the first half of 2013. The Elance data suggests technical and creative pros have the best chance of winning freelance contracts.
"Demand for technical and creative freelance talent continues to accelerate on Elance," said Fabio Rosati, CEO of Elance. "The ability to hire the best available person online, just-in-time is becoming an essential strategy for agile businesses of all sizes."
The data also shows:
• 89% of businesses 'supplement with freelancers' to gain a competitive edge
• Half of businesses are hiring freelancers for long-term commitments
• 45% of businesses look to freelancers to expand into new markets
Data scientists and statisticians are making the most headway into the freelance area, with demand up 200%. Mobile/software app development freelancers are also pushing into the for-hire space, as well and online security pros.
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...