News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Forecast: Local Mobile Ads to push $6 by 2016
Look for strong growth in the US local, mobile ad sector. That, according to a new forecast from BIA/Kelsey. According to the forecast local mobile ad revenues will grow to $5.8 billion (2016); that is up from $664 million in 2011. The 54% CAGR in local mobile only underscores the predicted growth in the overall mobile sector.
According to experts overall mobile ad revenues will increase from $1.62 billion (2011) to $9.92 billion by 2016.
"Growth drivers include smartphone penetration, location data, ad targeting innovation and advertiser evolution to utilize these factors for higher-performing mobile local ad campaigns," said Michael Boland, Program Director, Mobile Local Media, BIA/Kelsey. "New mobile ad formats will also drive demand including Facebook's quickly evolving options like sponsored stories and app install ads - currently accounting for 14% of Facebook's revenues and quickly growing."
Local and small businesses will be part of the growth cycle, as well. According to the latest Local Commerce Monitor from BIA/Kelsey, nearly 15% of local businesses have mobile websites now with just over 20% planning to add mobile functionality in the next year.
More than 230 million Americans used mobile devices in September (comScore); 119.3 million owned smartphones, which are helping to push more consumers into the mobile marketplace. Smartphones and tablets are being used in-store to compare prices, before shopping excursions to research products and to buy products. With so many people using mobile to engage with brands and content it makes sense for advertisers to use mobile to engage.
Half of consumers are downloading apps and using mobile browsers while 36% are using social networking apps/sites.
- Survey suggests increasing interest in e-gifts
- Referral key way in which marketers find SEO services
- Social Roundup: Rolling out for Instagram
- Brands: How to engage Millennials in your work force
- Top 3 tips to monetize traffic
- U.S. presidential elections: Digital media use up, television still dominant
- Reports: Brands are winning back to school
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...