News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Forecast: Local Mobile Ads to push $6 by 2016
Look for strong growth in the US local, mobile ad sector. That, according to a new forecast from BIA/Kelsey. According to the forecast local mobile ad revenues will grow to $5.8 billion (2016); that is up from $664 million in 2011. The 54% CAGR in local mobile only underscores the predicted growth in the overall mobile sector.
According to experts overall mobile ad revenues will increase from $1.62 billion (2011) to $9.92 billion by 2016.
"Growth drivers include smartphone penetration, location data, ad targeting innovation and advertiser evolution to utilize these factors for higher-performing mobile local ad campaigns," said Michael Boland, Program Director, Mobile Local Media, BIA/Kelsey. "New mobile ad formats will also drive demand including Facebook's quickly evolving options like sponsored stories and app install ads - currently accounting for 14% of Facebook's revenues and quickly growing."
Local and small businesses will be part of the growth cycle, as well. According to the latest Local Commerce Monitor from BIA/Kelsey, nearly 15% of local businesses have mobile websites now with just over 20% planning to add mobile functionality in the next year.
More than 230 million Americans used mobile devices in September (comScore); 119.3 million owned smartphones, which are helping to push more consumers into the mobile marketplace. Smartphones and tablets are being used in-store to compare prices, before shopping excursions to research products and to buy products. With so many people using mobile to engage with brands and content it makes sense for advertisers to use mobile to engage.
Half of consumers are downloading apps and using mobile browsers while 36% are using social networking apps/sites.
- Yahoo introduces one-stop business listing dashboard for SMBs
- Nielsen reveals habits of second-screeners
- Why your coupons need mobile
- Jivox, vSplash push interactivity with platforms
- Amazon facilitates social gifting on Facebook
- Younger B2B buyers' online purchase behavior ignored by suppliers
- Portrait of an affluent consumer
- U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
Featured White Papers
- Transforming Brands into Media Outlets
Storytelling has been around forever, but businesses today need to capitalize on a variety of new tools to tell their...
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...