News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
More than 4 in 10 Google search queries are local
New data released by ad network Chitika reveals the massive rise of local search volumes across search engines.
*SEE CORRECTION* When Chitika compared local search engines on Google, Yahoo and Bing they found a significant rise in the last two years.
Google's efforts to include local and map results have resulted in 43% of overall queries having local intent, up from just 23% two years ago.
Meanwhile, Yahoo and Bing now see 25% of overall queries with local intent.
Of course, mobile is the driving factor behind the rise.
According to Search Engine Land, "Chitika said that nearly three-quarters of Google's local queries are in fact coming from mobile". This doesn't come as a big surprise as Google is the default search engine for Android phones.
"Combined with Google's larger share of searches performed on the Web (measured at over 75% this past month) this edge in local search makes the search giant's traffic a must have for local businesses, particularly on the first page of results for important keywords or phrases," says Chitika on its Insights blog.
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...