News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
More than 4 in 10 Google search queries are local
New data released by ad network Chitika reveals the massive rise of local search volumes across search engines.
*SEE CORRECTION* When Chitika compared local search engines on Google, Yahoo and Bing they found a significant rise in the last two years.
Google's efforts to include local and map results have resulted in 43% of overall queries having local intent, up from just 23% two years ago.
Meanwhile, Yahoo and Bing now see 25% of overall queries with local intent.
Of course, mobile is the driving factor behind the rise.
According to Search Engine Land, "Chitika said that nearly three-quarters of Google's local queries are in fact coming from mobile". This doesn't come as a big surprise as Google is the default search engine for Android phones.
"Combined with Google's larger share of searches performed on the Web (measured at over 75% this past month) this edge in local search makes the search giant's traffic a must have for local businesses, particularly on the first page of results for important keywords or phrases," says Chitika on its Insights blog.
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...