News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
More than 4 in 10 Google search queries are local
New data released by ad network Chitika reveals the massive rise of local search volumes across search engines.
*SEE CORRECTION* When Chitika compared local search engines on Google, Yahoo and Bing they found a significant rise in the last two years.
Google's efforts to include local and map results have resulted in 43% of overall queries having local intent, up from just 23% two years ago.
Meanwhile, Yahoo and Bing now see 25% of overall queries with local intent.
Of course, mobile is the driving factor behind the rise.
According to Search Engine Land, "Chitika said that nearly three-quarters of Google's local queries are in fact coming from mobile". This doesn't come as a big surprise as Google is the default search engine for Android phones.
"Combined with Google's larger share of searches performed on the Web (measured at over 75% this past month) this edge in local search makes the search giant's traffic a must have for local businesses, particularly on the first page of results for important keywords or phrases," says Chitika on its Insights blog.
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
- Study IDs disconnect between brands, consumers
- Consumers trust doctors and government with personal data more than they do advertisers
- Shoppers don't care for social integration of mobile apps
- 44% of Twitter's 982 million accounts never used
- Report: Travel sites missing the data mark
- Brands: How mobile wallets can improve loyalty programs
- Survey: SMB's need more tax education
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...