News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
More than 4 in 10 Google search queries are local
New data released by ad network Chitika reveals the massive rise of local search volumes across search engines.
*SEE CORRECTION* When Chitika compared local search engines on Google, Yahoo and Bing they found a significant rise in the last two years.
Google's efforts to include local and map results have resulted in 43% of overall queries having local intent, up from just 23% two years ago.
Meanwhile, Yahoo and Bing now see 25% of overall queries with local intent.
Of course, mobile is the driving factor behind the rise.
According to Search Engine Land, "Chitika said that nearly three-quarters of Google's local queries are in fact coming from mobile". This doesn't come as a big surprise as Google is the default search engine for Android phones.
"Combined with Google's larger share of searches performed on the Web (measured at over 75% this past month) this edge in local search makes the search giant's traffic a must have for local businesses, particularly on the first page of results for important keywords or phrases," says Chitika on its Insights blog.
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...