News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
More than 4 in 10 Google search queries are local
New data released by ad network Chitika reveals the massive rise of local search volumes across search engines.
*SEE CORRECTION* When Chitika compared local search engines on Google, Yahoo and Bing they found a significant rise in the last two years.
Google's efforts to include local and map results have resulted in 43% of overall queries having local intent, up from just 23% two years ago.
Meanwhile, Yahoo and Bing now see 25% of overall queries with local intent.
Of course, mobile is the driving factor behind the rise.
According to Search Engine Land, "Chitika said that nearly three-quarters of Google's local queries are in fact coming from mobile". This doesn't come as a big surprise as Google is the default search engine for Android phones.
"Combined with Google's larger share of searches performed on the Web (measured at over 75% this past month) this edge in local search makes the search giant's traffic a must have for local businesses, particularly on the first page of results for important keywords or phrases," says Chitika on its Insights blog.
- How to convince wary app users to share location data
- How to protect against fake reviews
- 3 IT trends to watch in 2016
- Adobe: $27billion spent so far, 46% mobile traffic
- Nielsen: Generations bucking preconceived notions of behavior
- Study reveals shopping habits not influenced by Black Friday flash sales
- Study: Shoppers plan to spend more, save more this holiday
- How to respond to bad reviews
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...