News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Companies struggle to manage masses of social media accounts
How many social media pies does your company have its finger in? A new report from research firm Altimeter Group finds many companies are struggling to manage a massive number of social media accounts.
The report, authored by Altimeter analyst Jermiah Owyang, found that large companies and brands juggle an average of 178 business-related social media accounts.
This astounding number includes accounts with Facebook, blogs, LinkedIn, forums/message boards and YouTube but not individual employee accounts. The report shows that, on average, companies manage 39 Twitter accounts, 32 blogs, 30 Facebook Pages and 29 LinkedIn accounts.
The problem lies with managing such a fragmented and diverse explosion of communication. An uncoordinated approach leads to customer confusion and an inconsistent experience yet companies simply haven't implemented goal-driven and coherent social media strategies.
The resulting chaos, according to Forbes contributor Chris Perry, is down to "too many firms trying to make an omelet before they learn how to fry an egg by launching accounts and campaigns without systems in place or governance to keep things on track."
The full report can be read on Jeremiah Owyang's blog.
- Demandbase: What won't happen in 2015
- Ecommerce Roundup: Shoppers findings leads on social media
- Report: Analysis high on B2Bers New Year List
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...