News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Companies struggle to manage masses of social media accounts
How many social media pies does your company have its finger in? A new report from research firm Altimeter Group finds many companies are struggling to manage a massive number of social media accounts.
The report, authored by Altimeter analyst Jermiah Owyang, found that large companies and brands juggle an average of 178 business-related social media accounts.
This astounding number includes accounts with Facebook, blogs, LinkedIn, forums/message boards and YouTube but not individual employee accounts. The report shows that, on average, companies manage 39 Twitter accounts, 32 blogs, 30 Facebook Pages and 29 LinkedIn accounts.
The problem lies with managing such a fragmented and diverse explosion of communication. An uncoordinated approach leads to customer confusion and an inconsistent experience yet companies simply haven't implemented goal-driven and coherent social media strategies.
The resulting chaos, according to Forbes contributor Chris Perry, is down to "too many firms trying to make an omelet before they learn how to fry an egg by launching accounts and campaigns without systems in place or governance to keep things on track."
The full report can be read on Jeremiah Owyang's blog.
- Unplug for your health and mental well-being, urges parenting website
- Questionable activity on social media turns consumers away from brands
- Study: Still a disconnect between data, growth
- Expert: How SMBs can be more productive
- Study: Transparency important to CPG buyers
- Report outlines the impact on brands of email fraud
- Millennials losing faith in traditional banks, trust tech firms more
- Report finds 'last mile' issues continue to dismay consumers
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...