News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Coupons boost positive feelings toward brands, finds study
Do coupons motivate consumers to make a purchase decision? Very much so, according to new research conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of WhaleShark Media, and active coupon users are more open to trying new brands, too.
When asked if coupons or coupon codes helped to "close the deal" when making a purchase decision a whopping 88% of consumers said yes, they do. In fact, 6 in 10 of the 504 study participants said they would be more likely to reconsider a purchase they had previously discounted if they received a coupon or discount code.
Another interesting finding is that participants in the study revealed coupons give them the warm fuzzies and are "brand-enhancing". Most (88%) said they have a more positive feeling towards companies that give them coupons and 80% say it boosts a company's image in their eyes.
And don't for one minute think that coupon users have shallow pockets or stick to known brands. Those who use coupons the most were found to spend over $800 more each year than less active coupon users - $1,850 vs. $1,025. Furthermore, almost three-quarters (74%) of active coupon users could be persuaded to try out a new brand if they were to receive a coupon versus just over half (54%) of less active users.
"For online retailers, coupon users represent a large and powerful customer base with new ideas and high potential. As such, coupons must be a prominent aspect of any e-tail promotional strategy, offering online marketers a unique opportunity to reinvent the coupon in the minds of modern consumers," said Matt Herzog of the Business Development Group at Rue La La and SmartBargains.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...