News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: B2B firms embrace social media
B2B firms haven't usually scored highly on the social media usage front but, while they may not be engaging as regularly as their B2C counterparts, a new survey from marketing agency White Horse found they are now embracing social media.
In its report, "B2B Goes Social", White Horse reveals that B2B firms are indeed using social media. The report compared B2B social media marketing use to B2C in the areas of staffing, support, utilization, and measurement.
The research found that 86% of B2B firms are using social media, compared to 82% of B2C outfits. However, B2B firms aren't as active in their social media activity with only 32% engaging on a daily basis compared with 52% of B2C firms.
One particular obstacle that B2B firms have to overcome is an in-house "perceived irrelevance" surrounding social media. While this thinking is prevalent in nearly half of B2B firms, the same can be said of only 12% of B2C firms.
Other findings from the report (.pdf) include:
- 36% of B2B execs have "low interest in social media" compared with just 12% for B2C
- 60% of B2B firms have no staff dedicated to social media compared with 54% of B2C players
-Just 10% of B2B firms use outside agencies or consultants compared with 28% of B2C firms.
"Our survey revealed a B2B landscape in which social media plays a significant and ever-growing role in the marketing arsenal, but one which is in no danger of supplanting traditional tactics," concludes White Horse.
"In order to establish leadership in social media marketing, B2B marketers must overcome the inertia of internal politics by continually proving the relevance of social media conversations to their business' reliance on solid customer relationships."
- Nielsen: Generations bucking preconceived notions of behavior
- Study reveals shopping habits not influenced by Black Friday flash sales
- Study: Shoppers plan to spend more, save more this holiday
- How to respond to bad reviews
- Top tips for a better 2016 IT strategy
- Click-and-collect drives additional in-store sales
- Oxford Dictionaries announces 'word of the year' and it is not a word
- Last-minute shopping on the rise during holiday season
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...