News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: B2B firms embrace social media
B2B firms haven't usually scored highly on the social media usage front but, while they may not be engaging as regularly as their B2C counterparts, a new survey from marketing agency White Horse found they are now embracing social media.
In its report, "B2B Goes Social", White Horse reveals that B2B firms are indeed using social media. The report compared B2B social media marketing use to B2C in the areas of staffing, support, utilization, and measurement.
The research found that 86% of B2B firms are using social media, compared to 82% of B2C outfits. However, B2B firms aren't as active in their social media activity with only 32% engaging on a daily basis compared with 52% of B2C firms.
One particular obstacle that B2B firms have to overcome is an in-house "perceived irrelevance" surrounding social media. While this thinking is prevalent in nearly half of B2B firms, the same can be said of only 12% of B2C firms.
Other findings from the report (.pdf) include:
- 36% of B2B execs have "low interest in social media" compared with just 12% for B2C
- 60% of B2B firms have no staff dedicated to social media compared with 54% of B2C players
-Just 10% of B2B firms use outside agencies or consultants compared with 28% of B2C firms.
"Our survey revealed a B2B landscape in which social media plays a significant and ever-growing role in the marketing arsenal, but one which is in no danger of supplanting traditional tactics," concludes White Horse.
"In order to establish leadership in social media marketing, B2B marketers must overcome the inertia of internal politics by continually proving the relevance of social media conversations to their business' reliance on solid customer relationships."
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
- How to build loyalty through games
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...