News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Forrester: Mobile social users more engaged, share more
A new Forrester study reveals that people that access social networking sites such as Facebook are far more likely to engage with a company's content on that site than desktop users.
Forrester's survey of 37,000 consumers found that the number of U.S. adults accessing social networking sites weekly or more from a mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet is rising. Today, 45% access from a smartphone, creeping up towards the 64% who do so from a laptop or desktop, and 25% access via a tablet.
Almost half (49%) of tablet social users engage with corporate content via Likes, shares or comments, and 46% of smartphone users, compared with just 37% of desktop social users.
Perhaps more importantly, mobile users of social networks are more likely to share a branded post than desktop users. While just 28% of desktop users say they share branded posts that rises to 40% of tablet users and 36% of smartphone users.
And finally, says Forrester, "mobile users are more positive about their interactions with brands on social sites - for example by thinking it's cool to be associated with a brand on social media and viewing a "like" as a way to show support for a company".
Forrester's report, "The Social Users You Want to Reach are on Mobile", can be obtained here.
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: How to reconnect customers
- Fiksu launches mobile audience platform
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for mobile, online reach
- Imbalanced approach to social means consumers left waiting for response
- Reports show upswing for connected TV, downswing for pay
- Study: Smartphone viewers more likely to click
- How technology can improve the classroom
- Campaign launched to increase awareness of role of ads in funding free online editorial
Featured White Papers
- B2B Marketing Automation Platforms 2015: A Marketer's Guide
This report was prepared by conducting in-depth interviews with leading vendors and industry experts....
- Why Marketing Should Be Personal
Read our report, Why Marketing Should be Personal, created in partnership with Econsultancy, to learn why 700 marketers ranked personalization...
- Digital Trends 2015
Download the 2015 Digital Trends report, created in partnership with Econsultancy, to see the trends and tools you need to...