News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Forrester: Mobile social users more engaged, share more
A new Forrester study reveals that people that access social networking sites such as Facebook are far more likely to engage with a company's content on that site than desktop users.
Forrester's survey of 37,000 consumers found that the number of U.S. adults accessing social networking sites weekly or more from a mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet is rising. Today, 45% access from a smartphone, creeping up towards the 64% who do so from a laptop or desktop, and 25% access via a tablet.
Almost half (49%) of tablet social users engage with corporate content via Likes, shares or comments, and 46% of smartphone users, compared with just 37% of desktop social users.
Perhaps more importantly, mobile users of social networks are more likely to share a branded post than desktop users. While just 28% of desktop users say they share branded posts that rises to 40% of tablet users and 36% of smartphone users.
And finally, says Forrester, "mobile users are more positive about their interactions with brands on social sites - for example by thinking it's cool to be associated with a brand on social media and viewing a "like" as a way to show support for a company".
Forrester's report, "The Social Users You Want to Reach are on Mobile", can be obtained here.
Image via Shutterstock
- SMBs: How to remain visible during the election push
- Brands: How to prepare for a non-Flash environment
- BrightEdge: Brands are missing consumer engagement with content
- Experts weigh in on the death of Flash
- Study finds payment issues top affiliates' complaint list
- Study: Indian mobile use skyrocketing
- How travel brands can stop fraud
- Cart abandonment rates lower for charities than other sectors
Featured White Papers
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Building Your Custom Attribution Model
Solving the attribution problem will be one of the most important things you do to boost ROI for your organization....
- What drives Email Open Rates
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email engagement metrics across five somewhat similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email activity...