News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Forrester: Mobile social users more engaged, share more
A new Forrester study reveals that people that access social networking sites such as Facebook are far more likely to engage with a company's content on that site than desktop users.
Forrester's survey of 37,000 consumers found that the number of U.S. adults accessing social networking sites weekly or more from a mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet is rising. Today, 45% access from a smartphone, creeping up towards the 64% who do so from a laptop or desktop, and 25% access via a tablet.
Almost half (49%) of tablet social users engage with corporate content via Likes, shares or comments, and 46% of smartphone users, compared with just 37% of desktop social users.
Perhaps more importantly, mobile users of social networks are more likely to share a branded post than desktop users. While just 28% of desktop users say they share branded posts that rises to 40% of tablet users and 36% of smartphone users.
And finally, says Forrester, "mobile users are more positive about their interactions with brands on social sites - for example by thinking it's cool to be associated with a brand on social media and viewing a "like" as a way to show support for a company".
Forrester's report, "The Social Users You Want to Reach are on Mobile", can be obtained here.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...