News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK: 21% of online searches for hotels made via mobile
Almost a quarter of online searches made by UK consumers in May, 2013, were conducted using a mobile device, according to new data released by SEO and PPC consulting and technology firm, Greenlight.
According to Greenlight's Hotel Sector Report (May, 2013), 2.5 million UK consumer online searches for hotels were conducted in May this year.
Over a half a million (522,115), or 21%, of those online searches for hotels were made by UK consumers using a mobile device.
More than half (59% / 307,786) of mobile searches for hotels were for accommodation in UK destinations with the capital city London (13%) and York (3%) garnering the most queries.
Amsterdam dominated short-haul destination searches on mobile devices (vs. Paris on computers), and Dubai was the most-searched long-haul destination (vs. New York on computers).
Laterooms.com was the website most visible for hotel-related searches on computers (46% share of voice) and on mobile (76%), while Booking.com was the most visible advertiser on mobile devices with a whopping 88% share of voice.
Image via Shutterstock
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
- Expert: Why SMBs are pushing farther into digital
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...