News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK: 21% of online searches for hotels made via mobile
Almost a quarter of online searches made by UK consumers in May, 2013, were conducted using a mobile device, according to new data released by SEO and PPC consulting and technology firm, Greenlight.
According to Greenlight's Hotel Sector Report (May, 2013), 2.5 million UK consumer online searches for hotels were conducted in May this year.
Over a half a million (522,115), or 21%, of those online searches for hotels were made by UK consumers using a mobile device.
More than half (59% / 307,786) of mobile searches for hotels were for accommodation in UK destinations with the capital city London (13%) and York (3%) garnering the most queries.
Amsterdam dominated short-haul destination searches on mobile devices (vs. Paris on computers), and Dubai was the most-searched long-haul destination (vs. New York on computers).
Laterooms.com was the website most visible for hotel-related searches on computers (46% share of voice) and on mobile (76%), while Booking.com was the most visible advertiser on mobile devices with a whopping 88% share of voice.
Image via Shutterstock
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
- Digital Roundup: Free and freemium models launched
Featured White Papers
- Build Your Business Case For Social Selling
Are you ready to build your business case for social selling? Do you need some help? Download this PowerPoint deck...
- The High Cost of Free: Does Online Video Quality Influence Consumer Perception of your Brand?
6 Billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube .... That's almost 1 hour for every person on...