News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK: 21% of online searches for hotels made via mobile
Almost a quarter of online searches made by UK consumers in May, 2013, were conducted using a mobile device, according to new data released by SEO and PPC consulting and technology firm, Greenlight.
According to Greenlight's Hotel Sector Report (May, 2013), 2.5 million UK consumer online searches for hotels were conducted in May this year.
Over a half a million (522,115), or 21%, of those online searches for hotels were made by UK consumers using a mobile device.
More than half (59% / 307,786) of mobile searches for hotels were for accommodation in UK destinations with the capital city London (13%) and York (3%) garnering the most queries.
Amsterdam dominated short-haul destination searches on mobile devices (vs. Paris on computers), and Dubai was the most-searched long-haul destination (vs. New York on computers).
Laterooms.com was the website most visible for hotel-related searches on computers (46% share of voice) and on mobile (76%), while Booking.com was the most visible advertiser on mobile devices with a whopping 88% share of voice.
Image via Shutterstock
- Consumers trust doctors and government with personal data more than they do advertisers
- Shoppers don't care for social integration of mobile apps
- 44% of Twitter's 982 million accounts never used
- Report: Travel sites missing the data mark
- Brands: How mobile wallets can improve loyalty programs
- Survey: SMB's need more tax education
- 90% of marketers not trained in marketing performance, ROI
- Mobile plays significant role in the shopping habits of Boomers and Seniors
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...