News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK: 21% of online searches for hotels made via mobile
Almost a quarter of online searches made by UK consumers in May, 2013, were conducted using a mobile device, according to new data released by SEO and PPC consulting and technology firm, Greenlight.
According to Greenlight's Hotel Sector Report (May, 2013), 2.5 million UK consumer online searches for hotels were conducted in May this year.
Over a half a million (522,115), or 21%, of those online searches for hotels were made by UK consumers using a mobile device.
More than half (59% / 307,786) of mobile searches for hotels were for accommodation in UK destinations with the capital city London (13%) and York (3%) garnering the most queries.
Amsterdam dominated short-haul destination searches on mobile devices (vs. Paris on computers), and Dubai was the most-searched long-haul destination (vs. New York on computers).
Laterooms.com was the website most visible for hotel-related searches on computers (46% share of voice) and on mobile (76%), while Booking.com was the most visible advertiser on mobile devices with a whopping 88% share of voice.
Image via Shutterstock
- Working 9-5 becoming a thing of the past?
- Accordant Media: 151% increase in global programmatic auction volume
- Report: Digital will be strong through holiday season
- Expert: How to ready for speech analytics
- Study: CPG to top $10b this year
- Newspapers go digital but readers continue to pick up a print copy
- Expert: How subscriptions are driving retail
- Report: US small businesses pushing international
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...
- Key Tools for Engagement Marketing
Dig into the concept of digital marketing and how to be successful in today's modern, complex business landscape...