News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK: 21% of online searches for hotels made via mobile
Almost a quarter of online searches made by UK consumers in May, 2013, were conducted using a mobile device, according to new data released by SEO and PPC consulting and technology firm, Greenlight.
According to Greenlight's Hotel Sector Report (May, 2013), 2.5 million UK consumer online searches for hotels were conducted in May this year.
Over a half a million (522,115), or 21%, of those online searches for hotels were made by UK consumers using a mobile device.
More than half (59% / 307,786) of mobile searches for hotels were for accommodation in UK destinations with the capital city London (13%) and York (3%) garnering the most queries.
Amsterdam dominated short-haul destination searches on mobile devices (vs. Paris on computers), and Dubai was the most-searched long-haul destination (vs. New York on computers).
Laterooms.com was the website most visible for hotel-related searches on computers (46% share of voice) and on mobile (76%), while Booking.com was the most visible advertiser on mobile devices with a whopping 88% share of voice.
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: Take a page from the Genius Bar to improve CSR
- Report: Welcome messages on the rise
- Top 3 tips to create a stronger data strategy
- Study finds more people unwilling to share data
- Study: Internet speeds up globally
- Study IDs how Millennials engage with traditional media
- Report: Half of online buys happen after an hour
- Expert: Why real time isn't fast enough
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...