News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Jumptap: Tablets top out in the dark
New data is out from Jumptap, shedding light on how consumers are engaging across the mobile space and across dayparts. One interesting finding? That tablet use is topping out after dark.
According to the Jumptap October MobileSTAT report mobile devices are used differently in different dayparts. This makes it important for mobile brands to know which devices are getting the most usage so that the right ads are served. While smartphones and tablets are used across dayparts, the data shows that in the iOS atmosphere iPhones are used more in the early afternoon hours while tablets are topping out in the evening and night hours. In fact, the iPad has 57% more usage between 4 and 8 pm and 87% more usage from 8 to 12 am than average.
Looking ahead to the holidays, Jumptap predicts clicks will increase by about 10% on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Eve, but that on New Year's Day CTRs will increase by more than 35% (vs. average days).
The report also finds that for the restaurant category, especially, this dayparting - or actually week-parting of ads can be highly beneficial. In restaurants, for example, ad click-thrus steadily fall between Monday and Wednesday before turning up for the weekend crowds. Restaurant clicks, according to Jumptap, reach the bottom of the trough between Wednesday and Thursday (50% decrease) but beginning Thursday afternoon and through the weekend, clicks spike to more than 50% above average CTRs.
Combining that trend with how consumers are engaging differently between smartphones and tablets, restaurant brands could more deeply engage consumers looking for dinner out over a busy weekend.
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
- Gigya: Facebook winning for logins
- Community Q&A: Do you need it? And how to use it
- Study: SMBs bride personal achievement over money
- DMA (UK) poll reveals most 'marketing friendly' social network
Featured White Papers
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...