News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Jumptap: Tablets top out in the dark
New data is out from Jumptap, shedding light on how consumers are engaging across the mobile space and across dayparts. One interesting finding? That tablet use is topping out after dark.
According to the Jumptap October MobileSTAT report mobile devices are used differently in different dayparts. This makes it important for mobile brands to know which devices are getting the most usage so that the right ads are served. While smartphones and tablets are used across dayparts, the data shows that in the iOS atmosphere iPhones are used more in the early afternoon hours while tablets are topping out in the evening and night hours. In fact, the iPad has 57% more usage between 4 and 8 pm and 87% more usage from 8 to 12 am than average.
Looking ahead to the holidays, Jumptap predicts clicks will increase by about 10% on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Eve, but that on New Year's Day CTRs will increase by more than 35% (vs. average days).
The report also finds that for the restaurant category, especially, this dayparting - or actually week-parting of ads can be highly beneficial. In restaurants, for example, ad click-thrus steadily fall between Monday and Wednesday before turning up for the weekend crowds. Restaurant clicks, according to Jumptap, reach the bottom of the trough between Wednesday and Thursday (50% decrease) but beginning Thursday afternoon and through the weekend, clicks spike to more than 50% above average CTRs.
Combining that trend with how consumers are engaging differently between smartphones and tablets, restaurant brands could more deeply engage consumers looking for dinner out over a busy weekend.
- Study: Mobile video a compliment to TV
- Mobile sites leaving customers hungry
- Survey: Most create videos as keepsakes
- Ad RoundUp: Ecommerce deployments key in on data
- Online and mobile shopping experience still failing to meet consumer expectations
- Which products have the highest online browse-to-buy correlation?
- Millennials: Speed and high-quality images the difference between bounce or buy on mobile
- Smartphone shopping up but revenue remains low
Featured White Papers
- 7 ways the mobile consumer changes everything infographic
Download the infographic "7 Ways the Mobile Consumer Changes Everything" to learn how to optimize your web content for mobile,...
- Re-Engineer Your Business For Mobile Moments
More than ever, customers are turning to their mobile devices to browse, shop, and research. This increase in usage puts...