News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Jumptap: Tablets top out in the dark
New data is out from Jumptap, shedding light on how consumers are engaging across the mobile space and across dayparts. One interesting finding? That tablet use is topping out after dark.
According to the Jumptap October MobileSTAT report mobile devices are used differently in different dayparts. This makes it important for mobile brands to know which devices are getting the most usage so that the right ads are served. While smartphones and tablets are used across dayparts, the data shows that in the iOS atmosphere iPhones are used more in the early afternoon hours while tablets are topping out in the evening and night hours. In fact, the iPad has 57% more usage between 4 and 8 pm and 87% more usage from 8 to 12 am than average.
Looking ahead to the holidays, Jumptap predicts clicks will increase by about 10% on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Eve, but that on New Year's Day CTRs will increase by more than 35% (vs. average days).
The report also finds that for the restaurant category, especially, this dayparting - or actually week-parting of ads can be highly beneficial. In restaurants, for example, ad click-thrus steadily fall between Monday and Wednesday before turning up for the weekend crowds. Restaurant clicks, according to Jumptap, reach the bottom of the trough between Wednesday and Thursday (50% decrease) but beginning Thursday afternoon and through the weekend, clicks spike to more than 50% above average CTRs.
Combining that trend with how consumers are engaging differently between smartphones and tablets, restaurant brands could more deeply engage consumers looking for dinner out over a busy weekend.
- Top 3 annoyances for mobile shoppers
- Study: Black Millennials betting on themselves
- Top 3 tips to take Valentine's strategies year-round
- No age limit to looking for love online
- Goodbye second-screening, hello switch-screening
- Less than one-third of emails opened on desktop last year
- Ad Roundup: Platforms for sales, ecommerce
- Top 3 tips to get more from email on Valentine's campaigns
Featured White Papers
- Device of Choice for Online Shoppers & Buyers
Did you know that men shop and buy from mobile devices more than women? Being aware of nuances like this...
- 5 'Must Have' Tactics For Your 2016 Digital Marketing Plan
What are the 5 "must have" tactics that experts agree can help everyone's 2016 digital marketing?...
- Consumers Tell All, Part 1: Online Shopping Frequency
This report looks at how frequently online shoppers are making purchases....