News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Jumptap: Tablets top out in the dark
New data is out from Jumptap, shedding light on how consumers are engaging across the mobile space and across dayparts. One interesting finding? That tablet use is topping out after dark.
According to the Jumptap October MobileSTAT report mobile devices are used differently in different dayparts. This makes it important for mobile brands to know which devices are getting the most usage so that the right ads are served. While smartphones and tablets are used across dayparts, the data shows that in the iOS atmosphere iPhones are used more in the early afternoon hours while tablets are topping out in the evening and night hours. In fact, the iPad has 57% more usage between 4 and 8 pm and 87% more usage from 8 to 12 am than average.
Looking ahead to the holidays, Jumptap predicts clicks will increase by about 10% on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Eve, but that on New Year's Day CTRs will increase by more than 35% (vs. average days).
The report also finds that for the restaurant category, especially, this dayparting - or actually week-parting of ads can be highly beneficial. In restaurants, for example, ad click-thrus steadily fall between Monday and Wednesday before turning up for the weekend crowds. Restaurant clicks, according to Jumptap, reach the bottom of the trough between Wednesday and Thursday (50% decrease) but beginning Thursday afternoon and through the weekend, clicks spike to more than 50% above average CTRs.
Combining that trend with how consumers are engaging differently between smartphones and tablets, restaurant brands could more deeply engage consumers looking for dinner out over a busy weekend.
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...