News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Apple app downloaders 52% more loyal than Android
Consumers who download apps to an iPhone or iPad are far more loyal to those apps than users of smartphones and tablets running Google's Android, according to new data from mobile app analytics firm Localytics.
The overall app development sector continues to boom and app retention rates improved 19% over the last year across platforms. The one time app usage numbers dropped to 22%, while the number of people using the app more than 10 times increased to 31%.
"Improvements in both platforms suggest that many app publishers are simply building better apps, whether the app targets the mass market or a niché market," writes Daniel Ruby on the Localytics blog.
"The general public surely gained experience over the last year too, and are likely making more informed, discerning choices about what apps to try."
However, Localytics found app retention rates differ greatly among operating systems.
In particular, iPhone and iPad users are 52% more loyal to apps than Android users. Furthermore, 35% launched an app more than 10 times after downloading compared with 23% for Android users.
Localytics also makes note of a report that could skew results. The Piper Jaffray report shows that the iPhone has a 94% retention rate while Android's is just 47%.
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
- Reports show what worked and didn't over Thanksgiving
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...