News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
LinkUp: 8 in 10 job searches on mobile via Android
The number of people searching for jobs from their smartphone is on the rise. New data released by job search engine LinkUp shows many more searches are being conducted on Android devices than the iPhone.
LinkUp is a search platform that brings together "hidden jobs" that are posted on the job section of company website pages. They currently list around three quarters of a million jobs sourced from about 21,000 company websites.
LinkUp also has apps for Android, iPhone, and iPad and has recently announced figures relating to the number of people who search for jobs via their mobile device.
According to reports, the recently released data from LinkUp shows that 20% of job seekers use their smartphone in their search for a job, up from 1.1% last year, mostly thanks to the rapid adoption of smartphones.
Almost 8 in 10 of job seekers were found to be using an Android device (79.7%), up from 21.2% last year. However, use of Apple's iPhone plummeted from 62.1% down to 12.3%.
Why such a difference? Who knows. Perhaps Android users are unhappy at work, or unemployed; or perhaps only those who have a job can afford an iPhone.
Either way, the rising popularity of searching for jobs on mobile devices isn't too surprising. As well as offering better privacy than searching via a work computer, it's easy to look up new jobs on the commute home after a particularly stressful work day.
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
- Top 6 tips to set retailers up for the 2014 holidays
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....