News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
LinkUp: 8 in 10 job searches on mobile via Android
The number of people searching for jobs from their smartphone is on the rise. New data released by job search engine LinkUp shows many more searches are being conducted on Android devices than the iPhone.
LinkUp is a search platform that brings together "hidden jobs" that are posted on the job section of company website pages. They currently list around three quarters of a million jobs sourced from about 21,000 company websites.
LinkUp also has apps for Android, iPhone, and iPad and has recently announced figures relating to the number of people who search for jobs via their mobile device.
According to reports, the recently released data from LinkUp shows that 20% of job seekers use their smartphone in their search for a job, up from 1.1% last year, mostly thanks to the rapid adoption of smartphones.
Almost 8 in 10 of job seekers were found to be using an Android device (79.7%), up from 21.2% last year. However, use of Apple's iPhone plummeted from 62.1% down to 12.3%.
Why such a difference? Who knows. Perhaps Android users are unhappy at work, or unemployed; or perhaps only those who have a job can afford an iPhone.
Either way, the rising popularity of searching for jobs on mobile devices isn't too surprising. As well as offering better privacy than searching via a work computer, it's easy to look up new jobs on the commute home after a particularly stressful work day.
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...