News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
LinkUp: 8 in 10 job searches on mobile via Android
The number of people searching for jobs from their smartphone is on the rise. New data released by job search engine LinkUp shows many more searches are being conducted on Android devices than the iPhone.
LinkUp is a search platform that brings together "hidden jobs" that are posted on the job section of company website pages. They currently list around three quarters of a million jobs sourced from about 21,000 company websites.
LinkUp also has apps for Android, iPhone, and iPad and has recently announced figures relating to the number of people who search for jobs via their mobile device.
According to reports, the recently released data from LinkUp shows that 20% of job seekers use their smartphone in their search for a job, up from 1.1% last year, mostly thanks to the rapid adoption of smartphones.
Almost 8 in 10 of job seekers were found to be using an Android device (79.7%), up from 21.2% last year. However, use of Apple's iPhone plummeted from 62.1% down to 12.3%.
Why such a difference? Who knows. Perhaps Android users are unhappy at work, or unemployed; or perhaps only those who have a job can afford an iPhone.
Either way, the rising popularity of searching for jobs on mobile devices isn't too surprising. As well as offering better privacy than searching via a work computer, it's easy to look up new jobs on the commute home after a particularly stressful work day.
- Study: How consumers use social to source news
- How brands can monetize machine learning for subscription services
- Consumers: There is a time, place for paid content
- Trends to watch for back-to-school
- Expert shares integration tips for cloud
- How machine learning can impact subscription service offerings
- Expert: How to know if the cloud is right for your business
- Ad Roundup: Targeting, Payments and Data
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...