News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
LinkUp: 8 in 10 job searches on mobile via Android
The number of people searching for jobs from their smartphone is on the rise. New data released by job search engine LinkUp shows many more searches are being conducted on Android devices than the iPhone.
LinkUp is a search platform that brings together "hidden jobs" that are posted on the job section of company website pages. They currently list around three quarters of a million jobs sourced from about 21,000 company websites.
LinkUp also has apps for Android, iPhone, and iPad and has recently announced figures relating to the number of people who search for jobs via their mobile device.
According to reports, the recently released data from LinkUp shows that 20% of job seekers use their smartphone in their search for a job, up from 1.1% last year, mostly thanks to the rapid adoption of smartphones.
Almost 8 in 10 of job seekers were found to be using an Android device (79.7%), up from 21.2% last year. However, use of Apple's iPhone plummeted from 62.1% down to 12.3%.
Why such a difference? Who knows. Perhaps Android users are unhappy at work, or unemployed; or perhaps only those who have a job can afford an iPhone.
Either way, the rising popularity of searching for jobs on mobile devices isn't too surprising. As well as offering better privacy than searching via a work computer, it's easy to look up new jobs on the commute home after a particularly stressful work day.
- PulsePoint: Content marketing, native future of advertising
- Ad Roundup: Bringing scale to online brands
- Pixalate releases list of top programmatic networks
- How non-profits are succeeding online
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...