News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
LinkUp: 8 in 10 job searches on mobile via Android
The number of people searching for jobs from their smartphone is on the rise. New data released by job search engine LinkUp shows many more searches are being conducted on Android devices than the iPhone.
LinkUp is a search platform that brings together "hidden jobs" that are posted on the job section of company website pages. They currently list around three quarters of a million jobs sourced from about 21,000 company websites.
LinkUp also has apps for Android, iPhone, and iPad and has recently announced figures relating to the number of people who search for jobs via their mobile device.
According to reports, the recently released data from LinkUp shows that 20% of job seekers use their smartphone in their search for a job, up from 1.1% last year, mostly thanks to the rapid adoption of smartphones.
Almost 8 in 10 of job seekers were found to be using an Android device (79.7%), up from 21.2% last year. However, use of Apple's iPhone plummeted from 62.1% down to 12.3%.
Why such a difference? Who knows. Perhaps Android users are unhappy at work, or unemployed; or perhaps only those who have a job can afford an iPhone.
Either way, the rising popularity of searching for jobs on mobile devices isn't too surprising. As well as offering better privacy than searching via a work computer, it's easy to look up new jobs on the commute home after a particularly stressful work day.
- Omni-channel shopping putting pressure on stores to raise shopper engagement
- Big spending forecast for UK Black Friday
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...