News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
LinkUp: 8 in 10 job searches on mobile via Android
The number of people searching for jobs from their smartphone is on the rise. New data released by job search engine LinkUp shows many more searches are being conducted on Android devices than the iPhone.
LinkUp is a search platform that brings together "hidden jobs" that are posted on the job section of company website pages. They currently list around three quarters of a million jobs sourced from about 21,000 company websites.
LinkUp also has apps for Android, iPhone, and iPad and has recently announced figures relating to the number of people who search for jobs via their mobile device.
According to reports, the recently released data from LinkUp shows that 20% of job seekers use their smartphone in their search for a job, up from 1.1% last year, mostly thanks to the rapid adoption of smartphones.
Almost 8 in 10 of job seekers were found to be using an Android device (79.7%), up from 21.2% last year. However, use of Apple's iPhone plummeted from 62.1% down to 12.3%.
Why such a difference? Who knows. Perhaps Android users are unhappy at work, or unemployed; or perhaps only those who have a job can afford an iPhone.
Either way, the rising popularity of searching for jobs on mobile devices isn't too surprising. As well as offering better privacy than searching via a work computer, it's easy to look up new jobs on the commute home after a particularly stressful work day.
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
- Reports show what worked and didn't over Thanksgiving
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...