News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
LinkUp: 8 in 10 job searches on mobile via Android
The number of people searching for jobs from their smartphone is on the rise. New data released by job search engine LinkUp shows many more searches are being conducted on Android devices than the iPhone.
LinkUp is a search platform that brings together "hidden jobs" that are posted on the job section of company website pages. They currently list around three quarters of a million jobs sourced from about 21,000 company websites.
LinkUp also has apps for Android, iPhone, and iPad and has recently announced figures relating to the number of people who search for jobs via their mobile device.
According to reports, the recently released data from LinkUp shows that 20% of job seekers use their smartphone in their search for a job, up from 1.1% last year, mostly thanks to the rapid adoption of smartphones.
Almost 8 in 10 of job seekers were found to be using an Android device (79.7%), up from 21.2% last year. However, use of Apple's iPhone plummeted from 62.1% down to 12.3%.
Why such a difference? Who knows. Perhaps Android users are unhappy at work, or unemployed; or perhaps only those who have a job can afford an iPhone.
Either way, the rising popularity of searching for jobs on mobile devices isn't too surprising. As well as offering better privacy than searching via a work computer, it's easy to look up new jobs on the commute home after a particularly stressful work day.
- Study: Mobile video a compliment to TV
- Mobile sites leaving customers hungry
- Survey: Most create videos as keepsakes
- Ad RoundUp: Ecommerce deployments key in on data
- Online and mobile shopping experience still failing to meet consumer expectations
- Which products have the highest online browse-to-buy correlation?
- Millennials: Speed and high-quality images the difference between bounce or buy on mobile
- Smartphone shopping up but revenue remains low
Featured White Papers
- 7 ways the mobile consumer changes everything infographic
Download the infographic "7 Ways the Mobile Consumer Changes Everything" to learn how to optimize your web content for mobile,...
- Re-Engineer Your Business For Mobile Moments
More than ever, customers are turning to their mobile devices to browse, shop, and research. This increase in usage puts...