News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Reviews influence both online, offline shoppers
No matter where your customers are buying, be that in-store, via a mobile device or online portal, chances are they're reading online reviews first. That is the takeaway from new Bazaarvoice data.
Reviews are becoming more and more important to brands, no matter how - or where - their shoppers buy. New data out from the Bazaarvoice ROBO study finds that while more than half (54%) of shoppers who buy online check out online reviews first, more than one-third of in-store shoppers (39%) are also checking reviews before they make purchase decisions.
"Seeking out the opinions of like-minded consumers has been a central component of an informed purchase journey for decades, but as a percentage of shopping has moved away from the physical store, many brands have focused their efforts on the online researcher," said David Moon, VP of Strategic Consulting and Global Pre-Sales at Bazaarvoice. "We are bringing additional credence to the notion that online consumer-generated content greatly influences the in-store shopper, and has a significant impact on in-store revenue."
Breaking the findings down by vertical researchers found:
• 71% of online buyers in the fitness tracker category check reviews, 64% of offline buyers also check reviews
• Reviews account for more than $4 of in-store revenue for flat panel TV buyers while influences every $1 of online purchase revenue
• In the cookware category, 70% of online buyers read reviews prior to purchase, 28% of offline buyers do the same
Image via Shutterstock
- Study finds more people unwilling to share data
- Study: Internet speeds up globally
- Study IDs how Millennials engage with traditional media
- Report: Half of online buys happen after an hour
- Expert: Why real time isn't fast enough
- What new crowdfunding rules mean for SMBs
- Study IDs how retailers can compete with Amazon
- Expert: How to determine if calls are leads or not
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...