News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Reviews influence both online, offline shoppers
No matter where your customers are buying, be that in-store, via a mobile device or online portal, chances are they're reading online reviews first. That is the takeaway from new Bazaarvoice data.
Reviews are becoming more and more important to brands, no matter how - or where - their shoppers buy. New data out from the Bazaarvoice ROBO study finds that while more than half (54%) of shoppers who buy online check out online reviews first, more than one-third of in-store shoppers (39%) are also checking reviews before they make purchase decisions.
"Seeking out the opinions of like-minded consumers has been a central component of an informed purchase journey for decades, but as a percentage of shopping has moved away from the physical store, many brands have focused their efforts on the online researcher," said David Moon, VP of Strategic Consulting and Global Pre-Sales at Bazaarvoice. "We are bringing additional credence to the notion that online consumer-generated content greatly influences the in-store shopper, and has a significant impact on in-store revenue."
Breaking the findings down by vertical researchers found:
• 71% of online buyers in the fitness tracker category check reviews, 64% of offline buyers also check reviews
• Reviews account for more than $4 of in-store revenue for flat panel TV buyers while influences every $1 of online purchase revenue
• In the cookware category, 70% of online buyers read reviews prior to purchase, 28% of offline buyers do the same
Image via Shutterstock
- 57% of consumers do not trust a business with their data
- 39% turn blind eye to branded social media posts
- Study: Tiggered emails key to reengaging cart abandoners
- Report: Mobile pushing more ecommerce
- How brands can use chat apps to engage
- Ad Roundup: Email and experience tools
- RichRelevance: Site Search key for shoppers
- How loyalty data can improve the shopper experience
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...