News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Reviews influence both online, offline shoppers
No matter where your customers are buying, be that in-store, via a mobile device or online portal, chances are they're reading online reviews first. That is the takeaway from new Bazaarvoice data.
Reviews are becoming more and more important to brands, no matter how - or where - their shoppers buy. New data out from the Bazaarvoice ROBO study finds that while more than half (54%) of shoppers who buy online check out online reviews first, more than one-third of in-store shoppers (39%) are also checking reviews before they make purchase decisions.
"Seeking out the opinions of like-minded consumers has been a central component of an informed purchase journey for decades, but as a percentage of shopping has moved away from the physical store, many brands have focused their efforts on the online researcher," said David Moon, VP of Strategic Consulting and Global Pre-Sales at Bazaarvoice. "We are bringing additional credence to the notion that online consumer-generated content greatly influences the in-store shopper, and has a significant impact on in-store revenue."
Breaking the findings down by vertical researchers found:
• 71% of online buyers in the fitness tracker category check reviews, 64% of offline buyers also check reviews
• Reviews account for more than $4 of in-store revenue for flat panel TV buyers while influences every $1 of online purchase revenue
• In the cookware category, 70% of online buyers read reviews prior to purchase, 28% of offline buyers do the same
Image via Shutterstock
- Report: Desktops still lead online spending
- Video ad campaigns with subtitles outperform in brand awareness
- Two-thirds of ad execs Google prospective employees
- 61% of brand content on Snapchat is video
- Survey: Trust influences more consumers to share information
- Expert: Travel next up for programmatic direct
- Expert: How to reduce involuntary churn
- New service alerts marketers when competitors air new TV ads
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...