News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
60% of travel brands now using Instagram as part of marketing mix
Travel companies now use a wide variety of websites for marketing their destinations, and it's clear from the sites they use that imagery is a critical part of the travel decision-making process.
New research from Eyefor Travel reveals that 60% of travel companies are now using image-based social network Instagram as part of their marketing. Facebook remains the most-used (95% of travel companies) but also in the mix are Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. However, several newer networks have made it into the top 10 most-used sites including Pinterest, Tumblr, Foursquare and Vimeo.
Furthermore, as well as using social networks for brand awareness, travel companies could soon be using them to encourage people to "Book Now".
In addition to being present on social networks, 70% of travel brands are increasingly incorporating user-generated social content into their websites.
"Imagery is a critical part of the travel decision-making process and we can see that from our results with the ascendancy of sites specialising in this and video," said Alex Hadwick, head of research at EyeforTravel. "This should open up exciting opportunities for travel companies to engage in more direct marketing to consumers through social media channels. They are also now able to close the loop, with several of these sites adding 'buy buttons' that can redirect to a brand's booking pages."
Image via Shutterstock
- Ecommerce Roundup: As digital increases, so does fraud
- Survey: Health Lifestyle grabs consumer interest
- Alibaba forms alliance with big brands to fight counterfeiting
- Expert: What marketers need to know about RegTech
- Mobile 'click injection' fraud forecast to become prevalent in 2017
- Less than half of consumers satisfied with retail app experience
- Study: Order struggles a problem for B2B
- Ad Roundup: Solution expansions, investments
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...