News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
60% of travel brands now using Instagram as part of marketing mix
Travel companies now use a wide variety of websites for marketing their destinations, and it's clear from the sites they use that imagery is a critical part of the travel decision-making process.
New research from Eyefor Travel reveals that 60% of travel companies are now using image-based social network Instagram as part of their marketing. Facebook remains the most-used (95% of travel companies) but also in the mix are Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. However, several newer networks have made it into the top 10 most-used sites including Pinterest, Tumblr, Foursquare and Vimeo.
Furthermore, as well as using social networks for brand awareness, travel companies could soon be using them to encourage people to "Book Now".
In addition to being present on social networks, 70% of travel brands are increasingly incorporating user-generated social content into their websites.
"Imagery is a critical part of the travel decision-making process and we can see that from our results with the ascendancy of sites specialising in this and video," said Alex Hadwick, head of research at EyeforTravel. "This should open up exciting opportunities for travel companies to engage in more direct marketing to consumers through social media channels. They are also now able to close the loop, with several of these sites adding 'buy buttons' that can redirect to a brand's booking pages."
Image via Shutterstock
- 170% rise in ad requests containing location data
- Brexit, Trump leave marketers skittish about targeting
- Email analysis reveals extent of email attacks on businesses
- Report IDs the next big tech products
- Brands: How to prep for the subscription economy
- Expert: What Buffett's Walmart sale means
- Reports: Mobile data traffic, video trending high
- Survey finds increased interest in online car buying
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...