News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
60% of travel brands now using Instagram as part of marketing mix
Travel companies now use a wide variety of websites for marketing their destinations, and it's clear from the sites they use that imagery is a critical part of the travel decision-making process.
New research from Eyefor Travel reveals that 60% of travel companies are now using image-based social network Instagram as part of their marketing. Facebook remains the most-used (95% of travel companies) but also in the mix are Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. However, several newer networks have made it into the top 10 most-used sites including Pinterest, Tumblr, Foursquare and Vimeo.
Furthermore, as well as using social networks for brand awareness, travel companies could soon be using them to encourage people to "Book Now".
In addition to being present on social networks, 70% of travel brands are increasingly incorporating user-generated social content into their websites.
"Imagery is a critical part of the travel decision-making process and we can see that from our results with the ascendancy of sites specialising in this and video," said Alex Hadwick, head of research at EyeforTravel. "This should open up exciting opportunities for travel companies to engage in more direct marketing to consumers through social media channels. They are also now able to close the loop, with several of these sites adding 'buy buttons' that can redirect to a brand's booking pages."
Image via Shutterstock
- Nielsen research reveals countries least likely to embrace mobile-only banking
- Mobile use in restaurants - tolerable or taboo?
- Study: Shoppers want email contact
- New eBay ad targeting tool knows what mood a shopper is in
- Ad Roundup: Data key to new launches
- Top 3 tips to improve travel marketing strategy
- Millennials embrace marketing emails via mobile
- Video posts overtake photo posts by brands on Facebook
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....