News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How search technology can enhance the user experience
Seamless experience - it is one of the biggest buzzwords right now in the ecommerce space. According to experts shopping want an experience that is a simply and frictionless as possible. One expert believes that seamless experience begins with search technologies.
Search-driven technologies can help to put online 'faces' with the masses of anonymous visitors to ecommerce sites by tracking customer behaviors, past purchases and interests. That according to one expert who believe these technologies can help retail brands better engage and convert customers online.
"By design, search technologies are good at indexing all varieties of content, identifying themes and patterns within that content, and enriching it with metadata that makes it more findable. This unified, enriched index then becomes the source of all the "contextual clues" the website needs about each visitor - whether that be sales and account information from the company's CRM, demographic and profile information from the company's marketing automation system, or geo-location and website activity information from the WCM itself," said Tucker Hall, Director, Market & Industry Communicaty, Coveo. "All of this rich information about the sites visitors is exactly what is needed to predict what content and products are going to prove highly relevant for each particular visitor at that specific time."
This kind of infrastructure will track time spent on-site, visitor numbers, repeat visitors, page views and search histories - all rich data that can be used and compiled each time a visitor comes to a brand's website.
"Marketers need to own search, because they are the most deeply invested in the site's overall success, the most knowledgeable about the customer and their evolving tastes, and the most aware of changing market conditions and the competitive landscape," said Hall. "Fortunately today marketers can finally own search."
More from Hall and Coveo next week, including how companies can better use on-site search to improve personalization.
Image via Shutterstock
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...