News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How search technology can enhance the user experience
Seamless experience - it is one of the biggest buzzwords right now in the ecommerce space. According to experts shopping want an experience that is a simply and frictionless as possible. One expert believes that seamless experience begins with search technologies.
Search-driven technologies can help to put online 'faces' with the masses of anonymous visitors to ecommerce sites by tracking customer behaviors, past purchases and interests. That according to one expert who believe these technologies can help retail brands better engage and convert customers online.
"By design, search technologies are good at indexing all varieties of content, identifying themes and patterns within that content, and enriching it with metadata that makes it more findable. This unified, enriched index then becomes the source of all the "contextual clues" the website needs about each visitor - whether that be sales and account information from the company's CRM, demographic and profile information from the company's marketing automation system, or geo-location and website activity information from the WCM itself," said Tucker Hall, Director, Market & Industry Communicaty, Coveo. "All of this rich information about the sites visitors is exactly what is needed to predict what content and products are going to prove highly relevant for each particular visitor at that specific time."
This kind of infrastructure will track time spent on-site, visitor numbers, repeat visitors, page views and search histories - all rich data that can be used and compiled each time a visitor comes to a brand's website.
"Marketers need to own search, because they are the most deeply invested in the site's overall success, the most knowledgeable about the customer and their evolving tastes, and the most aware of changing market conditions and the competitive landscape," said Hall. "Fortunately today marketers can finally own search."
More from Hall and Coveo next week, including how companies can better use on-site search to improve personalization.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...