News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Pinterest's top festive retailer is... Amazon
A study of the top ten retail websites in the U.S. reveals that Amazon.com is the most popular when it comes to having content shared on Pinterest. The study, from digital marketing software and service firm, Searchmetrics, found the retailer to have more images and pages shared than Walmart and Apple respectively.
In the run up to Christmas, 2013, the average number of Pins generated from Amazon content is 16,360 per week. That's huge compared to the next biggest, Walmart, with 5,778 Pins and way ahead of Apple.com's 3,871.
All ten retailers have set up their own official Pinterest pages with thousands of followers. QVC.com has the highest number of followers with 42,683 compared to Walmart's 33,337.
Amazon - 16,360 pins per week, 1,740,314 total pins, 5,637 followers.
QVC -325 pins per week, 54,935 total pins, 42,683 followers.
Staples - 307 pins per week, 17,252 total pins, 2,025 followers.
Best Buy - 281 pins per week, 60,630 total pins, 4,047 followers.
Netflix - 202 pins per week, 7,802 total pins, 445 followers.
Sears - 29 pins per week, 1,511 total pins, 190 followers.
Some brands have also set up themed Christmas boards - Walmart has several relating to different festive activities such as baking, decorating the tree and gift ideas. Interestingly, not all of Walmart's Pins are of products or brands they sell. Instead, the retailer has provided its followers with content from other blogs and websites that they will find useful or entertaining.
"Pinterest provides a powerful way of sharing content that increases engagement and helps retail brands develop closer relationships with their customers. While Amazon.com leads the way due to its strong online presence, retailers such as QVC seem to be investing heavily in using Pinterest to connect with consumers," said Marcus Tober, CTO and founder of Searchmetrics,
Image via Shutterstock
- Reports: Brands are winning back to school
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...