News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Pinterest's top festive retailer is... Amazon
A study of the top ten retail websites in the U.S. reveals that Amazon.com is the most popular when it comes to having content shared on Pinterest. The study, from digital marketing software and service firm, Searchmetrics, found the retailer to have more images and pages shared than Walmart and Apple respectively.
In the run up to Christmas, 2013, the average number of Pins generated from Amazon content is 16,360 per week. That's huge compared to the next biggest, Walmart, with 5,778 Pins and way ahead of Apple.com's 3,871.
All ten retailers have set up their own official Pinterest pages with thousands of followers. QVC.com has the highest number of followers with 42,683 compared to Walmart's 33,337.
Amazon - 16,360 pins per week, 1,740,314 total pins, 5,637 followers.
QVC -325 pins per week, 54,935 total pins, 42,683 followers.
Staples - 307 pins per week, 17,252 total pins, 2,025 followers.
Best Buy - 281 pins per week, 60,630 total pins, 4,047 followers.
Netflix - 202 pins per week, 7,802 total pins, 445 followers.
Sears - 29 pins per week, 1,511 total pins, 190 followers.
Some brands have also set up themed Christmas boards - Walmart has several relating to different festive activities such as baking, decorating the tree and gift ideas. Interestingly, not all of Walmart's Pins are of products or brands they sell. Instead, the retailer has provided its followers with content from other blogs and websites that they will find useful or entertaining.
"Pinterest provides a powerful way of sharing content that increases engagement and helps retail brands develop closer relationships with their customers. While Amazon.com leads the way due to its strong online presence, retailers such as QVC seem to be investing heavily in using Pinterest to connect with consumers," said Marcus Tober, CTO and founder of Searchmetrics,
Image via Shutterstock
- How to tell if social is right for your brand
- Ecomm Roundup: Faster checkouts and better personalization
- Top 3 tips to use data better this holiday season
- Microbusinesses dipping into personal savings
- British consumers will give up more personal data for discounts, free delivery
- How dark social can impact brand
- Webrooming parents heading to physical stores for back-to-school purchases
- 43% of all traffic to travel websites now comes from mobile
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...