News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Pinterest's top festive retailer is... Amazon
A study of the top ten retail websites in the U.S. reveals that Amazon.com is the most popular when it comes to having content shared on Pinterest. The study, from digital marketing software and service firm, Searchmetrics, found the retailer to have more images and pages shared than Walmart and Apple respectively.
In the run up to Christmas, 2013, the average number of Pins generated from Amazon content is 16,360 per week. That's huge compared to the next biggest, Walmart, with 5,778 Pins and way ahead of Apple.com's 3,871.
All ten retailers have set up their own official Pinterest pages with thousands of followers. QVC.com has the highest number of followers with 42,683 compared to Walmart's 33,337.
Amazon - 16,360 pins per week, 1,740,314 total pins, 5,637 followers.
QVC -325 pins per week, 54,935 total pins, 42,683 followers.
Staples - 307 pins per week, 17,252 total pins, 2,025 followers.
Best Buy - 281 pins per week, 60,630 total pins, 4,047 followers.
Netflix - 202 pins per week, 7,802 total pins, 445 followers.
Sears - 29 pins per week, 1,511 total pins, 190 followers.
Some brands have also set up themed Christmas boards - Walmart has several relating to different festive activities such as baking, decorating the tree and gift ideas. Interestingly, not all of Walmart's Pins are of products or brands they sell. Instead, the retailer has provided its followers with content from other blogs and websites that they will find useful or entertaining.
"Pinterest provides a powerful way of sharing content that increases engagement and helps retail brands develop closer relationships with their customers. While Amazon.com leads the way due to its strong online presence, retailers such as QVC seem to be investing heavily in using Pinterest to connect with consumers," said Marcus Tober, CTO and founder of Searchmetrics,
Image via Shutterstock
- SMB Roundup: Launches to simplify content, listings
- Study tracks effects of Google search engine updates on user behavior
- Excessive use of in-store beacon technology decreases app use
- Report urges brands to go their own way and sell direct
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
- Study dispels myth that 15-24 year olds are the true 'digital natives'
- Top 3 tips to better optimize branded content
Featured White Papers
- Evolving Toward the Next Phase of Email
According to most corporate decision makers and influencers, email is the single most important application they have deployed! The typical...
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...