News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Pinterest puts Pins on the map
Image-sharing social network Pinterest has expanded its reach and is now targeting the travel market by combining Pins with a map.
More than 1.5 million travel-related Pins appear on Pinterest every day and now those Pins will be given more relevance by being placed on a map.
The new 'Place Pins' will allow users to see the location of businesses and destinations and get directions from one location to another. For the design and customization of the maps Pinterest partnered with mapping developers MapBox and Stamen.
Place Pins can be added by anyone simply by selecting "Add Map" when creating a new board or by editing the settings of an existing board.
In their recent announcement, Pinterest lists a number of travel-related partners who have already created boards with maps including Fodor's, Conde Nast Traveler, Everything-Everywhere and VisitBritain.
Place Pins are the latest in a recent run of new features introduced by Pinterest. Last week, the website launched its first API for developers allowing trending Pins to be showcased on a brand's website and allowing users to Pin items directly from that website. In October Pinterest introduced Promoted Pins and earlier this year saw the launch of Rich Pins.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Most believe personalization key to success
- Report: Most Amazon sellers looking for new marketplaces
- Study: Finance, saving important to Millenials
- Survey: More consumers want to be paperless
- Survey IDS when customers will share personal data
- Bing: Voice searches for hotels up 343% YoY
- Top 5 tips to take business paperless
- Snap Ads spend rises 593% QoQ
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...