News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Pinterest puts Pins on the map
Image-sharing social network Pinterest has expanded its reach and is now targeting the travel market by combining Pins with a map.
More than 1.5 million travel-related Pins appear on Pinterest every day and now those Pins will be given more relevance by being placed on a map.
The new 'Place Pins' will allow users to see the location of businesses and destinations and get directions from one location to another. For the design and customization of the maps Pinterest partnered with mapping developers MapBox and Stamen.
Place Pins can be added by anyone simply by selecting "Add Map" when creating a new board or by editing the settings of an existing board.
In their recent announcement, Pinterest lists a number of travel-related partners who have already created boards with maps including Fodor's, Conde Nast Traveler, Everything-Everywhere and VisitBritain.
Place Pins are the latest in a recent run of new features introduced by Pinterest. Last week, the website launched its first API for developers allowing trending Pins to be showcased on a brand's website and allowing users to Pin items directly from that website. In October Pinterest introduced Promoted Pins and earlier this year saw the launch of Rich Pins.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...