News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Pinterest puts Pins on the map
Image-sharing social network Pinterest has expanded its reach and is now targeting the travel market by combining Pins with a map.
More than 1.5 million travel-related Pins appear on Pinterest every day and now those Pins will be given more relevance by being placed on a map.
The new 'Place Pins' will allow users to see the location of businesses and destinations and get directions from one location to another. For the design and customization of the maps Pinterest partnered with mapping developers MapBox and Stamen.
Place Pins can be added by anyone simply by selecting "Add Map" when creating a new board or by editing the settings of an existing board.
In their recent announcement, Pinterest lists a number of travel-related partners who have already created boards with maps including Fodor's, Conde Nast Traveler, Everything-Everywhere and VisitBritain.
Place Pins are the latest in a recent run of new features introduced by Pinterest. Last week, the website launched its first API for developers allowing trending Pins to be showcased on a brand's website and allowing users to Pin items directly from that website. In October Pinterest introduced Promoted Pins and earlier this year saw the launch of Rich Pins.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...