News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Pinterest puts Pins on the map
Image-sharing social network Pinterest has expanded its reach and is now targeting the travel market by combining Pins with a map.
More than 1.5 million travel-related Pins appear on Pinterest every day and now those Pins will be given more relevance by being placed on a map.
The new 'Place Pins' will allow users to see the location of businesses and destinations and get directions from one location to another. For the design and customization of the maps Pinterest partnered with mapping developers MapBox and Stamen.
Place Pins can be added by anyone simply by selecting "Add Map" when creating a new board or by editing the settings of an existing board.
In their recent announcement, Pinterest lists a number of travel-related partners who have already created boards with maps including Fodor's, Conde Nast Traveler, Everything-Everywhere and VisitBritain.
Place Pins are the latest in a recent run of new features introduced by Pinterest. Last week, the website launched its first API for developers allowing trending Pins to be showcased on a brand's website and allowing users to Pin items directly from that website. In October Pinterest introduced Promoted Pins and earlier this year saw the launch of Rich Pins.
Image via Shutterstock
- SMBs: How to remain visible during the election push
- Brands: How to prepare for a non-Flash environment
- BrightEdge: Brands are missing consumer engagement with content
- Experts weigh in on the death of Flash
- Study finds payment issues top affiliates' complaint list
- Study: Indian mobile use skyrocketing
- How travel brands can stop fraud
- Cart abandonment rates lower for charities than other sectors
Featured White Papers
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Building Your Custom Attribution Model
Solving the attribution problem will be one of the most important things you do to boost ROI for your organization....
- What drives Email Open Rates
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email engagement metrics across five somewhat similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email activity...