News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Pinterest puts Pins on the map
Image-sharing social network Pinterest has expanded its reach and is now targeting the travel market by combining Pins with a map.
More than 1.5 million travel-related Pins appear on Pinterest every day and now those Pins will be given more relevance by being placed on a map.
The new 'Place Pins' will allow users to see the location of businesses and destinations and get directions from one location to another. For the design and customization of the maps Pinterest partnered with mapping developers MapBox and Stamen.
Place Pins can be added by anyone simply by selecting "Add Map" when creating a new board or by editing the settings of an existing board.
In their recent announcement, Pinterest lists a number of travel-related partners who have already created boards with maps including Fodor's, Conde Nast Traveler, Everything-Everywhere and VisitBritain.
Place Pins are the latest in a recent run of new features introduced by Pinterest. Last week, the website launched its first API for developers allowing trending Pins to be showcased on a brand's website and allowing users to Pin items directly from that website. In October Pinterest introduced Promoted Pins and earlier this year saw the launch of Rich Pins.
Image via Shutterstock
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...