News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Gartner survey reveals corporate websites rank most important for marketing success
A survey of U.S. marketers by Gartner reveals that, despite the buzz surrounding social media and mobile, it is corporate websites that are ranked as most important for marketing success.
Almost half (45%) of the 250+ marketers surveyed for Gartner's poll cited the design, development and maintenance of a corporate website as the most important to a successful marketing campaign, beating out both social media marketing and online advertising.
Forty-three percent said both social media and online advertising were contributing factors to success, but just 6% said marketing on social networks was their first choice of placement.
In the case of mobile marketing, just one-quarter (24%) said this activity was the key to marketing success, ranked below search marketing (including paid) (26%) and alongside email marketing (24%).
According to Bill Gassman, Gartner research director, "the corporate website will not be displaced anytime soon by a brand's social media presence".
"That's all the more reason for marketing leaders to continuously invest in testing and optimizing their websites, paying attention to all aspects -- from customized landing pages to compelling content that encourage visitors to be engaged with your brand," added Gassman.
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...