News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Social media access via mobile on the rise
Mobile is increasingly being used to access social media, according to recent survey findings released by eMarketer.
PCs aren't going anywhere anytime soon, but people are doing more tasks they traditionally undertook on PCs on other devices. An increasing number of people are now accessing their social media accounts via mobile devices instead of their PC. In 2011, 97% accessed the likes of Facebook and Twitter via their PC, this has now dropped to 94%.
Meanwhile, the numbers accessing social from their mobile device has risen for users of both smartphones and tablets. While just over a third (37%) accessed social from their smartphone in 2011, rather more (46%) did so in 2012, while tablet users accessing social rose from just 3% to 16%.
What does this mean for marketers? It means that mobile-focused strategies must be on the table. Chia Chen, senior vice president at Digitas, explains within the eMarketer article that the most engaged social media users are those accessing accounts by mobile.
- According to J.P. Morgan, Facebook will have approximately 1.14 billion monthly active mobile users by 2014, of which 486 million will only access the network from their mobile device.
- A recent survey from Ask Your Target Market found that 35% of people often (18%) or sometimes (17%) use Facebook on their mobile device. Ten percent said they rarely do while 40% say never.
- Social Roundup: How brands are engaging in social
- Targeted ads give Internet users the creeps
- Online shoppers overwhelmed by choice
- Smartwatches: time for a new ad format
- Translation challenges stymying online communication
- Mobile Roundup: Commerce, security options released
- Playlists the perfect target for brands on Spotify
- 25% of SMBs have no website
Featured White Papers
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...