News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Social media access via mobile on the rise
Mobile is increasingly being used to access social media, according to recent survey findings released by eMarketer.
PCs aren't going anywhere anytime soon, but people are doing more tasks they traditionally undertook on PCs on other devices. An increasing number of people are now accessing their social media accounts via mobile devices instead of their PC. In 2011, 97% accessed the likes of Facebook and Twitter via their PC, this has now dropped to 94%.
Meanwhile, the numbers accessing social from their mobile device has risen for users of both smartphones and tablets. While just over a third (37%) accessed social from their smartphone in 2011, rather more (46%) did so in 2012, while tablet users accessing social rose from just 3% to 16%.
What does this mean for marketers? It means that mobile-focused strategies must be on the table. Chia Chen, senior vice president at Digitas, explains within the eMarketer article that the most engaged social media users are those accessing accounts by mobile.
- According to J.P. Morgan, Facebook will have approximately 1.14 billion monthly active mobile users by 2014, of which 486 million will only access the network from their mobile device.
- A recent survey from Ask Your Target Market found that 35% of people often (18%) or sometimes (17%) use Facebook on their mobile device. Ten percent said they rarely do while 40% say never.
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
- Consumers prefer SMS to apps for brand communications
- Physical stores still popular with young fashion shoppers
- Britain has more female gamers than male
- Permission-based email marketers still finding inbox placement hard work
- Study: Mobile driving travel plans
Featured White Papers
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...