News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
eBay UK Super Sunday sales via mobile rose 110% YoY
eBay really did have a Super Sunday in the UK this year, boosted by mobile. The online marketplace recently reported more than 9 million unique UK visitors to the site throughout the super shopping day while, in London, the online marketplace set up a social shopping experience.
Mobile played a huge role in this year's Super Sunday, which fell on Sunday, 2 December. More than 3 million Brits logged on via their mobile devices, says eBay. That number is almost double that recorded on the same day last year (up by 96%) with sales via mobile rising by a significant 110% and traffic peaking at around 8pm.
"The festive is season is always a busy time of year so it's no surprise to see consumers taking advantage of their mobile and tablet devices to save time and track down some great Christmas deals," said Olivier Ropars, senior director, Mobile, eBay. "eBay today is about connecting buyers and sellers anytime, anywhere, to the things they need and love."
Overall, 9 million Brits visited eBay UK throughout Super Sunday, an 18% rise on last year, with an uplift in sales of 15%.
During the Super Sunday weekend eBay UK also set up the UK's first interactive and socially driven shopping experience. Located in popular Covent Garden, the experience brought together product recommendations from social networks including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The temporary set-up allowed visitors to view a real-time barometer of the country's most talked-about gifts, watch the UK's must-have gadgets come to life in the palm of their hands via augmented reality and get advice from virtual personal shoppers via Facebook.
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...