News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
eBay UK Super Sunday sales via mobile rose 110% YoY
eBay really did have a Super Sunday in the UK this year, boosted by mobile. The online marketplace recently reported more than 9 million unique UK visitors to the site throughout the super shopping day while, in London, the online marketplace set up a social shopping experience.
Mobile played a huge role in this year's Super Sunday, which fell on Sunday, 2 December. More than 3 million Brits logged on via their mobile devices, says eBay. That number is almost double that recorded on the same day last year (up by 96%) with sales via mobile rising by a significant 110% and traffic peaking at around 8pm.
"The festive is season is always a busy time of year so it's no surprise to see consumers taking advantage of their mobile and tablet devices to save time and track down some great Christmas deals," said Olivier Ropars, senior director, Mobile, eBay. "eBay today is about connecting buyers and sellers anytime, anywhere, to the things they need and love."
Overall, 9 million Brits visited eBay UK throughout Super Sunday, an 18% rise on last year, with an uplift in sales of 15%.
During the Super Sunday weekend eBay UK also set up the UK's first interactive and socially driven shopping experience. Located in popular Covent Garden, the experience brought together product recommendations from social networks including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The temporary set-up allowed visitors to view a real-time barometer of the country's most talked-about gifts, watch the UK's must-have gadgets come to life in the palm of their hands via augmented reality and get advice from virtual personal shoppers via Facebook.
- How Facebook, AdWords can work together
- Study: Tuesday/Thursday are best days for sharing
- Survey: Bitcoin making more waves
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...