News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
eBay UK Super Sunday sales via mobile rose 110% YoY
eBay really did have a Super Sunday in the UK this year, boosted by mobile. The online marketplace recently reported more than 9 million unique UK visitors to the site throughout the super shopping day while, in London, the online marketplace set up a social shopping experience.
Mobile played a huge role in this year's Super Sunday, which fell on Sunday, 2 December. More than 3 million Brits logged on via their mobile devices, says eBay. That number is almost double that recorded on the same day last year (up by 96%) with sales via mobile rising by a significant 110% and traffic peaking at around 8pm.
"The festive is season is always a busy time of year so it's no surprise to see consumers taking advantage of their mobile and tablet devices to save time and track down some great Christmas deals," said Olivier Ropars, senior director, Mobile, eBay. "eBay today is about connecting buyers and sellers anytime, anywhere, to the things they need and love."
Overall, 9 million Brits visited eBay UK throughout Super Sunday, an 18% rise on last year, with an uplift in sales of 15%.
During the Super Sunday weekend eBay UK also set up the UK's first interactive and socially driven shopping experience. Located in popular Covent Garden, the experience brought together product recommendations from social networks including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The temporary set-up allowed visitors to view a real-time barometer of the country's most talked-about gifts, watch the UK's must-have gadgets come to life in the palm of their hands via augmented reality and get advice from virtual personal shoppers via Facebook.
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
- Shoppers want more in-store tech
- Resolving customer issues quickly leads to greater brand loyalty
- Top 3 benefits for ecommerce success
- Research reveals extent of secondary revenue generation among UK retailers
- Report: Bot attempting to steal gift cards
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...