News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
eBay UK Super Sunday sales via mobile rose 110% YoY
eBay really did have a Super Sunday in the UK this year, boosted by mobile. The online marketplace recently reported more than 9 million unique UK visitors to the site throughout the super shopping day while, in London, the online marketplace set up a social shopping experience.
Mobile played a huge role in this year's Super Sunday, which fell on Sunday, 2 December. More than 3 million Brits logged on via their mobile devices, says eBay. That number is almost double that recorded on the same day last year (up by 96%) with sales via mobile rising by a significant 110% and traffic peaking at around 8pm.
"The festive is season is always a busy time of year so it's no surprise to see consumers taking advantage of their mobile and tablet devices to save time and track down some great Christmas deals," said Olivier Ropars, senior director, Mobile, eBay. "eBay today is about connecting buyers and sellers anytime, anywhere, to the things they need and love."
Overall, 9 million Brits visited eBay UK throughout Super Sunday, an 18% rise on last year, with an uplift in sales of 15%.
During the Super Sunday weekend eBay UK also set up the UK's first interactive and socially driven shopping experience. Located in popular Covent Garden, the experience brought together product recommendations from social networks including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The temporary set-up allowed visitors to view a real-time barometer of the country's most talked-about gifts, watch the UK's must-have gadgets come to life in the palm of their hands via augmented reality and get advice from virtual personal shoppers via Facebook.
- Survey: Productivity software helping SMBs communicate
- How to use community Q&A to increase your reach
- How to use organic social posts to reach non-fans
- Keyword carelessness inhibiting UK travel brands' discoverability in App Store
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
Featured White Papers
- "Abandon Cart Emails" - Why We Don't Buy
For this paper, sponsored by Magento and Bronto Software, over 1,000 online shoppers were surveyed about their awareness of shopping...
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...