News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
eBay UK Super Sunday sales via mobile rose 110% YoY
eBay really did have a Super Sunday in the UK this year, boosted by mobile. The online marketplace recently reported more than 9 million unique UK visitors to the site throughout the super shopping day while, in London, the online marketplace set up a social shopping experience.
Mobile played a huge role in this year's Super Sunday, which fell on Sunday, 2 December. More than 3 million Brits logged on via their mobile devices, says eBay. That number is almost double that recorded on the same day last year (up by 96%) with sales via mobile rising by a significant 110% and traffic peaking at around 8pm.
"The festive is season is always a busy time of year so it's no surprise to see consumers taking advantage of their mobile and tablet devices to save time and track down some great Christmas deals," said Olivier Ropars, senior director, Mobile, eBay. "eBay today is about connecting buyers and sellers anytime, anywhere, to the things they need and love."
Overall, 9 million Brits visited eBay UK throughout Super Sunday, an 18% rise on last year, with an uplift in sales of 15%.
During the Super Sunday weekend eBay UK also set up the UK's first interactive and socially driven shopping experience. Located in popular Covent Garden, the experience brought together product recommendations from social networks including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The temporary set-up allowed visitors to view a real-time barometer of the country's most talked-about gifts, watch the UK's must-have gadgets come to life in the palm of their hands via augmented reality and get advice from virtual personal shoppers via Facebook.
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...