News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Consumers to start holiday shopping early - are you ready?
Online retailers who still think they've got lots of time before Christmas to get their seasonal marketing strategies formulated and their websites ready for action had better think again. A new survey from RetailMeNot.com found that over a third of consumers will start their holiday shopping before November.
It may well be warm and back-to-school sales are front of mind, but Christmas is looming. However, while Christmas is four months away, holiday shopping is already at the forefront of many consumers' minds.
According to RetailMeNot.com's recent survey, 39% of respondents will start their holiday shopping before November, the beginning of which is just over nine weeks away. Women (46%) are more likely than men (31%) to start their shopping earlier than November.
Of the remaining respondents 23% said they will start shopping in early November, 12% will wait to start shopping until Black Friday/Cyber Monday and only 15% will wait until after Cyber Monday to begin shopping.
The majority of respondents think the economy is in bad shape and 1 in 4 think it will be tough to get all they need over the coming months. It's no surprise, then, that coupons and deals will be a major draw in the run-up to festivities.
"Our most recent survey looked at how consumers plan to shop for the remainder of the year. We believe a lackluster economy combined with high demand for discounts while shopping will lead to more frequent and higher first-time use of coupons over time," said Kristen Remeza, editor-in-chief of RetailMeNot Insider.
And don't forget mobile websites. There's little doubt that more consumers than ever before will be shopping from their couch this holiday season. Those who have yet to optimize their website for mobile should make this one of their top priorities.
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
- Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...