News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Hipcricket: Mobile shoppers buying because of mobile ads
New data out from Hipcricket indicates mobile shoppers may be highly influenced by targeted, mobile ads. More than half of smartphone owners, finds the research, have made a purchase after seeing a targeted mobile ad.
According to the new Mobile Advertising Survey 64% of survey respondents who have smartphones have made a mobile purchase after seeing a mobile ad. The bad news? Nearly three-quarters (74%) haven't received mobile ads from their favorite brands - which means some brands are missing the mobile boat.
Other interesting findings include:
• 46% of smartphone owners have seen a mobile ad
• 45% have recommended a product to a friend as a result of a mobile ad
• 44% of female respondents say they're interested in mobile coupons
• 68% of men are likely to make purchases thanks to mobile ads (58% of women are)
• Men are more likely than women to redeem mobile coupons (35% vs. 27%)
"For years we have known that smartphone owners are very active on the mobile Web, presenting a powerful opportunity for brands to engage with them through relevant and highly targeted advertisements," said Doug Stovall, Hipcricket Executive Vice President - Sales and Services. "This survey illustrates the compelling nature of mobile advertising, not only from a brand awareness standpoint, but as a powerful driver of sales transactions."
The survey further found higher income demographics were most likely to click - those with income of $75,000 or more per year were most likely to have clicked onto a mobile ad. The 35-44 age demographic was most likely to be interested in mobile couponing.
- Excessive use of in-store beacon technology decreases app use
- Report urges brands to go their own way and sell direct
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
- Study dispels myth that 15-24 year olds are the true 'digital natives'
- Top 3 tips to better optimize branded content
- Programmatic spending skyrockets through Nexage Markeplace
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
Featured White Papers
- Evolving Toward the Next Phase of Email
According to most corporate decision makers and influencers, email is the single most important application they have deployed! The typical...
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...