News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Hipcricket: Mobile shoppers buying because of mobile ads
New data out from Hipcricket indicates mobile shoppers may be highly influenced by targeted, mobile ads. More than half of smartphone owners, finds the research, have made a purchase after seeing a targeted mobile ad.
According to the new Mobile Advertising Survey 64% of survey respondents who have smartphones have made a mobile purchase after seeing a mobile ad. The bad news? Nearly three-quarters (74%) haven't received mobile ads from their favorite brands - which means some brands are missing the mobile boat.
Other interesting findings include:
• 46% of smartphone owners have seen a mobile ad
• 45% have recommended a product to a friend as a result of a mobile ad
• 44% of female respondents say they're interested in mobile coupons
• 68% of men are likely to make purchases thanks to mobile ads (58% of women are)
• Men are more likely than women to redeem mobile coupons (35% vs. 27%)
"For years we have known that smartphone owners are very active on the mobile Web, presenting a powerful opportunity for brands to engage with them through relevant and highly targeted advertisements," said Doug Stovall, Hipcricket Executive Vice President - Sales and Services. "This survey illustrates the compelling nature of mobile advertising, not only from a brand awareness standpoint, but as a powerful driver of sales transactions."
The survey further found higher income demographics were most likely to click - those with income of $75,000 or more per year were most likely to have clicked onto a mobile ad. The 35-44 age demographic was most likely to be interested in mobile couponing.
- Reports: Brands are winning back to school
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...