News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Hipcricket: Mobile shoppers buying because of mobile ads
New data out from Hipcricket indicates mobile shoppers may be highly influenced by targeted, mobile ads. More than half of smartphone owners, finds the research, have made a purchase after seeing a targeted mobile ad.
According to the new Mobile Advertising Survey 64% of survey respondents who have smartphones have made a mobile purchase after seeing a mobile ad. The bad news? Nearly three-quarters (74%) haven't received mobile ads from their favorite brands - which means some brands are missing the mobile boat.
Other interesting findings include:
• 46% of smartphone owners have seen a mobile ad
• 45% have recommended a product to a friend as a result of a mobile ad
• 44% of female respondents say they're interested in mobile coupons
• 68% of men are likely to make purchases thanks to mobile ads (58% of women are)
• Men are more likely than women to redeem mobile coupons (35% vs. 27%)
"For years we have known that smartphone owners are very active on the mobile Web, presenting a powerful opportunity for brands to engage with them through relevant and highly targeted advertisements," said Doug Stovall, Hipcricket Executive Vice President - Sales and Services. "This survey illustrates the compelling nature of mobile advertising, not only from a brand awareness standpoint, but as a powerful driver of sales transactions."
The survey further found higher income demographics were most likely to click - those with income of $75,000 or more per year were most likely to have clicked onto a mobile ad. The 35-44 age demographic was most likely to be interested in mobile couponing.
- Shoppers using mobile for BTS shopping
- Study: Most consumers satisfied with e-gift card buys
- Mobile's role in back to school shopping on the rise
- Report reveals tablet preferences and ownership differences between UK, US, and Oz
- Top 3 tips to improve SMS strategy
- Ecommerce Roundup: Platforms to simplify connection
- Reports: Price to factor in most Back to School purchases
- Survey: SMB owners still deciding their vote
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...