News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Online reviews trump peer-to-peer word of mouth
The opinion of a stranger would now appear to be more useful than that of a family member or friend, according to findings from the latest Eccomplished quarterly survey.
According to Issue 1 of the Eccomplished Quarterly (.pdf), "The importance of peer-to-peer word of mouth is compounded further by more shoppers citing having read comments on an online article (18%) than reading an article itself (14%) to help them make a purchase decision."
Post-purchase, more consumers were likely to post an online review or complete an online rating (39%) than recommend to their friends and family (35%).
The role of social media was found to be minimal - just 6% turned to their networks to help make a purchase decision. Among younger generations this percent is higher at 11% for 18-34 year olds. Just 10% of those survey by Eccomplished said they would be likely to "Like" or "Follow" a brand or product on a social network by way of recommendation.
- Top 3 tips to harness dark social data
- Report: M:Commerce share up one-third
- Consumer engagement with mobile ads on the rise
- Android dominates smartphone market
- How to tell if social is right for your brand
- Ecomm Roundup: Faster checkouts and better personalization
- Top 3 tips to use data better this holiday season
- Microbusinesses dipping into personal savings
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...