News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
1 in 4 Brits to shop via interactive TV by end 2014
We've got e-commerce, m-commerce and even F-commerce but the new buzzword will soon be TV-commerce as new research suggests that one in four people in the UK will regularly use an interactive TV to shop by the end of 2014.
A study by eBay UK reveals that, of five new emerging technologies, interactive TV will be the most influential among British consumers.
Along with four other emerging technologies identified by eBay in the report - augmented reality, in-store technologies, image recognition and smart devices - interactive TV will drive $3.8 billion in new sales.
The take-up of interactive TV will be significant come the end of 2014, found the report which was conducted by retail experts Conlumino. By that time 25% of British consumers will regularly use interactive TV to buy good and services. This channel alone is predicted to drive almost $1.2 billion in direct sales.
"The opportunity for the retail industry over the next two years lies in identifying which technologies will yield the most return on investment," said Angus McCarey, UK retail director for eBay.
"But it's tough because it means thinking differently about what is driving sales - individual technologies or even individual stores may not yield significant direct sales, but their value may lie in customer engagement and brand loyalty."
A recent survey from the Strategy Analytics Digital Home Observatory found that interactive TV owners in the U.S. are more than three times more likely to regularly use the Internet capabilities of their TVs than those in Europe.
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...