News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
1 in 4 Brits to shop via interactive TV by end 2014
We've got e-commerce, m-commerce and even F-commerce but the new buzzword will soon be TV-commerce as new research suggests that one in four people in the UK will regularly use an interactive TV to shop by the end of 2014.
A study by eBay UK reveals that, of five new emerging technologies, interactive TV will be the most influential among British consumers.
Along with four other emerging technologies identified by eBay in the report - augmented reality, in-store technologies, image recognition and smart devices - interactive TV will drive $3.8 billion in new sales.
The take-up of interactive TV will be significant come the end of 2014, found the report which was conducted by retail experts Conlumino. By that time 25% of British consumers will regularly use interactive TV to buy good and services. This channel alone is predicted to drive almost $1.2 billion in direct sales.
"The opportunity for the retail industry over the next two years lies in identifying which technologies will yield the most return on investment," said Angus McCarey, UK retail director for eBay.
"But it's tough because it means thinking differently about what is driving sales - individual technologies or even individual stores may not yield significant direct sales, but their value may lie in customer engagement and brand loyalty."
A recent survey from the Strategy Analytics Digital Home Observatory found that interactive TV owners in the U.S. are more than three times more likely to regularly use the Internet capabilities of their TVs than those in Europe.
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...