News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
InMobi: Tablet ad impressions up 771%
Mobile ad network InMobile has released new ad impression data that demonstrates the significant growth of mobile advertising over the past year.
InMobi's latest Mobile Market 2011 Review reveals incredible growth in mobile ad impressions during last year.
Global smartphone impressions were up an impressive 488% and in North America alone 625%.
Tablet ad impressions also showed significant growth up 771% globally to 11.2 billion and still growing.
Android continues to be the most popular mobile platform leading iOS 21% to 17%. In North America, however, the release of the iPad 2 and iPhone 4S pushed iOS ahead of Android's 32.5% share of impressions by almost a percentage point to 33.1%.
"Mobile technologies have empowered the development of the media and advertising market and pushed consumer acceptance of media consumption through emerging channels," said James Lamberti, VP global research & marketing at InMobi.
"Advertisers are now on board with this trend and we expect to see strong innovation in this space as consumers spend more time on mobile devices and less on PCs."
The InMobi network data can be downloaded here.
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...