News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
InMobi: Tablet ad impressions up 771%
Mobile ad network InMobile has released new ad impression data that demonstrates the significant growth of mobile advertising over the past year.
InMobi's latest Mobile Market 2011 Review reveals incredible growth in mobile ad impressions during last year.
Global smartphone impressions were up an impressive 488% and in North America alone 625%.
Tablet ad impressions also showed significant growth up 771% globally to 11.2 billion and still growing.
Android continues to be the most popular mobile platform leading iOS 21% to 17%. In North America, however, the release of the iPad 2 and iPhone 4S pushed iOS ahead of Android's 32.5% share of impressions by almost a percentage point to 33.1%.
"Mobile technologies have empowered the development of the media and advertising market and pushed consumer acceptance of media consumption through emerging channels," said James Lamberti, VP global research & marketing at InMobi.
"Advertisers are now on board with this trend and we expect to see strong innovation in this space as consumers spend more time on mobile devices and less on PCs."
The InMobi network data can be downloaded here.
- Most media chiefs believe fake news is good for business
- Study: Trust, payments annoy marketplace sellers
- Expert: How RegTech will impact 2017
- Top 3 tips to improve your mobile video strategy
- SMBs bemoan relationship with their bank
- 92% of first-time website visitors are there for reasons other than to make a purchase
- Ad Roundup: Retail, ad solutions launched
- Expert IDs drivers for mobile video
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...