News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mailjet: Pinterest, LinkedIn on borrowed time, say consumers
While few consumers think communication channels such as Pinterest and LinkedIn will still be in use in ten years' time, most believe email will definitely still be in use.
A new study from Mailjet among their userbase in France and the UK found that 41% believe email will definitely still be in use in ten years' time, followed by Facebook and private messaging apps such as WhatsApp (26%). Just as many older adults (60+) (26%) believe Facebook, will still be around in ten years as younger users (25%).
However, just 11% believe Pinterest and LinkedIn will still be used and only 14% believe Snapchat will still exist.
"Whilst new platforms like Snapchat are creating buzz among certain demographics at the moment, email endures as a channel that consumers look to," said Josie Scotchmer, Marketing Manager at Mailjet. "As email evolves to suit the needs of consumers through responsive design and personalization techniques, it is allowing brands to innovate to reach consumer audiences directly and with highly targeted, relevant messages."
When it comes to brand messaging, consumers cited irrelevant ads as the most annoying (25%). More than a third, (37%) want brands to communicate with them using videos of products, more so among the younger audience (52% of 16-29 year olds).
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...