News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Multiple returns options a necessity for online retailers
What makes people more likely to shop online? According to a new survey it is having multiple returns options.
Retailers' returns processes are a big consideration for online shoppers. Consumers want to be able to return unwanted purchases quickly, easily and with as little fuss as possible.
Of the 500 consumers surveyed for the '2016 Holiday Retail Report' from CFI Group and Radial, nearly all (87%) cited multiple returns options as making them more likely to shop online.
"Having a synchronized omnichannel platform that allows shoppers to return products in-store or ship them back with ease is a necessity rather than an attractive bonus offering," said CFI/Radial in a recent announcement.
Recent research among 5,000 consumers in the U.S. also found that a 'no questions asked', easy to use returns process is vital for online retailers. More than two-thirds of online shoppers surveyed (67%) said they take the time to review a retailer's return policy before making a purchase. Two-thirds (66%) said they want free return shipping and almost half (47%) want to be able to print off a return label.
The CFI/Radial report also reveals that 93% of shoppers sign up for loyalty programs to gain access to special promotions and that secure transactions are paramount. More than a quarter (27%) of shoppers surveyed said that being affected by an incorrectly identified fraudulent charge would put them off shopping with that retailer in the future and 40% would be hesitant to do so.
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
- Unilever to up digital spend following display ad trial
- FreeWheel: Video ad views up 24% YoY
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...