News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to improve cross-channel marketing
This is the time of the year to make your marketing spend really count. Accenture Interactive's 2015 Next Generation of Commerce Study found consumers are most receptive to trying a new product or service as a result of a campaign or advertisements on the following 3 channels: TV (57%), print magazine/newspaper (38%), and social media (34%).
Here are three tips to effectively reaching your target audience through cross-channel marketing.
Don't underestimate your digital brand.
"First impressions matter. Even though TV and print media continue to play an important role, digital channels are often the first touch points consumers have with your brand in any given situation. Whether it's your Twitter handle, an ecommerce experience, or a customer service website--these channels shape consumers' initial brand perception. Use them to push all elements which are essential parts of your brand story," said Nick Millman, Managing Director at Accenture Digital.
Know how to take advantage of branded content.
"According to our study, Facebook takes the lead position when it comes to platforms on which consumers trust content created by a brand or a company," said Millman. "So while TV remains the gold standard for traditional advertising (yet), consider popular social networks for native advertising that blends more elegantly into the platform on which it runs."
Remain consistent and persistent.
"As consumers go through the buying cycle, they often jump from one channel to the next based on convenience, location, and intent. It's critical that consumers are presented with consistent messaging across all channels--in varying formats. While a marketing team may be executing multiple campaigns across several different channels, the content must represent a cohesive voice of the brand," said Millman.
Image via Shutterstock
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
- Survey: Hispanic SMBs show strong optimism
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
- Top tips to reduce involuntary churn
- Smart Glasses that look like regular specs will invigorate market
- Less than 1 in 5 CRM managers feel they contribute to business revenues
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...