News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook at Work to launch soon
Facebook use at work if often frowned upon. But the official Facebook at Work, the version that doesn't let users play Candy Crush, is launching soon and is set to be a hit.
After nearly a year of testing, a Facebook executive has announced that Facebook at Work could be launching within a few months.
The new version allows users to create a work account separate from their personal account, and allows interaction between coworkers. Anything shared with fellow workers will only be visible within the company. Company admins can view their company's Facebook at Work insights, which include employee signup, group and posting activity.
Once launched, the service will be open to all companies and there are plans to charge "a few dollars per month per user" for premium services such as analytics and support.
According to Julien Codorniou, Facebook's director of global platform partnerships, 95% of the existing platform has been adopted for Facebook at Work. However, he noted, Candy Crush won't be available on the work platform.
The fact that Facebook is more than likely already used by most employees and employers for personal use can only be a good thing. Familiarity with how the platform works means very little training is required and no new software to learn.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips for a more earth friendly marketing campaign
- Local Brands: Why SEO needs an upgrade
- Ad Roundup: Releases for content monetization
- In ecommerce, personalization missing the mark
- Product imagery on retailers' mobile sites lags desktop versions
- Why the press release is (still) not dead
- Expert: Why B2Bers need social
- Is your branded content memorable?
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...