News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
81% of financial advisors use social media for business
In a comprehensive study of financial advisors' use of social media it has been found that the vast majority of advisors currently use social media for business.
Last year, three-quarters of over 800 financial advisors studied in the U.S. used social media for business. In their latest annual study, Putnam Investments found that this figure has now risen to 81%.
"We are seeing a clear, powerful trend emerging where social media is becoming an almost indispensable communications tool for financial advisors in their day-to-day interaction with their clients, investment providers and the broader marketplace," said Putnam Investments president and CEO Robert L. Reynolds.
The use of social media by advisors cuts across all ages and 40% now use four or more social networks for business, up from 25% last year. Furthermore, today 69% say social media has a "significant role" in their marketing efforts compared to 56% last year.
According to Putnam Investments, "the increasing utilization of social media by advisors is translating into concrete business results: The share of advisors acquiring new clients through social media is up sharply to 79% (from 66% in 2014), with the average annual asset gain from these clients standing at $4.6 million".
Image via Shutterstock
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
- Top 3 tips for a more earth friendly marketing campaign
- Local Brands: Why SEO needs an upgrade
- Ad Roundup: Releases for content monetization
- In ecommerce, personalization missing the mark
- Product imagery on retailers' mobile sites lags desktop versions
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...