News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips for a strong international SEO strategy
Leveraging the right translation resources is crucial for brands because poorly translated content is worse than not doing it all, says one expert, and it certainly won't help your international SEO strategy.
Translation management software platform can help implement the right topics, terms and phrases easily for each specific country and language, and geo-targeting each country will allow for the localization of both content and SEO strategy.
First, focus on the locations of and languages spoken by customers to identify the best international opportunities.
"The first step in establishing an SEO-friendly website is to determine whether to organize and configure each website language version to target the right language audience, or organize and configure each Web country version," said Judd Marcello, VP of Marketing, Smartling.
Marcello next advises brands to use a trusted, proven translation resource to ensure high-quality multilingual content and the best SEO strategy.
"Once you've selected a language- or country-targeted Web structure for each one of your international versions, the next step is to optimize them so it's easier for search engines to identify their relevance. Web content, in addition to the overall user experience, should be optimized for your target languages/international audiences. This means translating into the proper languages and using your identified keywords. It's also a good practice to link to and from your different language or country website versions so search engines can discover them and users can switch between them," said Marcello.
Finally, customize the translation and SEO approach for each country and culture you are targeting.
Image via Shutterstock
- Mobile video content more effective on publishers' website than social
- Email open rate in UK higher on tablets than US
- IAB: No YoY rise in UK ad-blocking
- Report: Over half of Millennials have or will use Bots
- Report: Finances key to engaging Boomers
- Top 3 tips to strengthen travel-based ad strategy
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...