News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Brands to invest more in mobile
Over the next year look for more ad budgets to be pushed into mobile - and not just mobile display, search or appvertising. According to a new survey out from Message Systems brands are set to push more ad dollars into SMS and MMS as well as push notifications and optimized email over the coming year.
Why the big push into mobile? Because consumers are increasingly interacting with brands - through product research, purchasing or social media - using their mobile devices.
Some key takeaways from the Message Systems report include:
• 89% of execs say their company has or will implement SMS messaging over the next year
• 89% say their company will use optimized email/responsive design
• 86% plan to use mobile apps or MMS text
• 83% say they'll implement IM chat options
• 80% will implement push notifications
"Overall, mobile messaging strategies [including SMS text, mobile optimize email and apps] are becoming widely accepted by companies as part of their communications with customers, with many companies having already implemented them or planning to within the next 12 months," was written in the report. "Companies are adopting a variety of interactions through mobile channels, including time-sensitive reminders and notifications, customer service [and] marketing offers."
The push to mobile is also about saving money. According to the research over half (58%) of executives say there are cost efficiencies in the mobile space. They also report increased engagement with mobile apps (53%) and customer growth (50%) and revenue increases (49%) thanks to mobile.
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey: Product reviews influence more than half of shoppers
- Consumers turning from coupon clipping to coupon clicking
- Survey: Mobile security a risk for SMBs
- How multi-screens are changing brand interactions
- Ad RoundUp: Tapping into data solutions
- Survey: Mobile, video to lead ad's future
- BigCommerce release uses real time to boost revenue
- Survey: SMBs optimistic about 2015
Featured White Papers
- 7 ways the mobile consumer changes everything infographic
Download the infographic "7 Ways the Mobile Consumer Changes Everything" to learn how to optimize your web content for mobile,...
- Re-Engineer Your Business For Mobile Moments
More than ever, customers are turning to their mobile devices to browse, shop, and research. This increase in usage puts...