News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Brands to invest more in mobile
Over the next year look for more ad budgets to be pushed into mobile - and not just mobile display, search or appvertising. According to a new survey out from Message Systems brands are set to push more ad dollars into SMS and MMS as well as push notifications and optimized email over the coming year.
Why the big push into mobile? Because consumers are increasingly interacting with brands - through product research, purchasing or social media - using their mobile devices.
Some key takeaways from the Message Systems report include:
• 89% of execs say their company has or will implement SMS messaging over the next year
• 89% say their company will use optimized email/responsive design
• 86% plan to use mobile apps or MMS text
• 83% say they'll implement IM chat options
• 80% will implement push notifications
"Overall, mobile messaging strategies [including SMS text, mobile optimize email and apps] are becoming widely accepted by companies as part of their communications with customers, with many companies having already implemented them or planning to within the next 12 months," was written in the report. "Companies are adopting a variety of interactions through mobile channels, including time-sensitive reminders and notifications, customer service [and] marketing offers."
The push to mobile is also about saving money. According to the research over half (58%) of executives say there are cost efficiencies in the mobile space. They also report increased engagement with mobile apps (53%) and customer growth (50%) and revenue increases (49%) thanks to mobile.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad viewability levels down across Europe
- Virtual Reality: Seeing, and trying, is believing and buying
- Expert: Retail's trends to watch
- Mobile Roundup: Platforms to simplify work, personal lives
- Report: Fraud attacks up 80%
- Marketers value startups for their passion, drive, and technological prowess
- How mobile is changing retail
- ECommerce Roundup: Platforms to simplify shopper interaction
Featured White Papers
- The Ultimate Guide to Website Personalization
There is a wealth of methods to put your company's data to work; by far, personalization is one of the...