News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Feedzai apps to offer fraud protection
Advertising fraud remains a big deal for retailers and brands across the Internet. New app offerings from Feedzai should help retailers using both the Shopify and Big commerce platforms for their businesses a new level of fraud protection.
Feedzai is adding fraud protection apps to their services; the data hub has launched apps on both Shopify and Big Commerce. The apps offer retailers real time information for orders which should help identify fraudulent purchases; the apps also flag suspected fraudulent orders so that retailers can take a deeper look into the transactions.
"Fraud is crossing channels where data breached from stores is then used to exploit ecommerce channels and vice versa," said Nuno Sebastiao, chief executive officer of Feedzai. "We see that 68 percent of cross-channel fraud starts online before migrating in-store, so we want to give all ecommerce retailers access to the tools necessary to help them protect their business. The growth of ecommerce fraud is disrupting the status quo for everyone, on or offline."
The National Retail Federation is also tracking retail fraud; recently the NRF, along with other retail groups, asked the credit card industry to use 'token technology' rather than credit card numbers. These tokens, say NRF experts, would replace credit card numbers and other personal data, protecting it from hackers. Tokens would be used to encrypt name and account numbers as well as expiration dates; the tokens would authorize transactions and, according to experts, be useless to thieves.
"Improving security and consumer confidence in the U.S. payments system is a top priority for the merchant community," the groups said in a joint statement outlining the proposal. "We call upon all stakeholders in the payments industry to come together to ensure open and efficient standards to protect U.S. consumers and businesses."
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...