News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Feedzai apps to offer fraud protection
Advertising fraud remains a big deal for retailers and brands across the Internet. New app offerings from Feedzai should help retailers using both the Shopify and Big commerce platforms for their businesses a new level of fraud protection.
Feedzai is adding fraud protection apps to their services; the data hub has launched apps on both Shopify and Big Commerce. The apps offer retailers real time information for orders which should help identify fraudulent purchases; the apps also flag suspected fraudulent orders so that retailers can take a deeper look into the transactions.
"Fraud is crossing channels where data breached from stores is then used to exploit ecommerce channels and vice versa," said Nuno Sebastiao, chief executive officer of Feedzai. "We see that 68 percent of cross-channel fraud starts online before migrating in-store, so we want to give all ecommerce retailers access to the tools necessary to help them protect their business. The growth of ecommerce fraud is disrupting the status quo for everyone, on or offline."
The National Retail Federation is also tracking retail fraud; recently the NRF, along with other retail groups, asked the credit card industry to use 'token technology' rather than credit card numbers. These tokens, say NRF experts, would replace credit card numbers and other personal data, protecting it from hackers. Tokens would be used to encrypt name and account numbers as well as expiration dates; the tokens would authorize transactions and, according to experts, be useless to thieves.
"Improving security and consumer confidence in the U.S. payments system is a top priority for the merchant community," the groups said in a joint statement outlining the proposal. "We call upon all stakeholders in the payments industry to come together to ensure open and efficient standards to protect U.S. consumers and businesses."
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...