News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Expert: Why SMBs are pushing farther into digital
Large enterprises have proven the ROI of digital marketing, and SMBs have taken notice. Even with limited resources, SMBs are now recognizing the value of digital marketing and allocating their budgets accordingly.
SMBs are catching on - fast - that digital solutions are a good way to reach more customers at a faster pace, even customers who are technically outside their city or region. Plug-and-play solutions make it simple for these smaller businesses not just to advertise but to analyze marketing efforts to get the most from every dollar.
"There are a host of plug-and-play solutions available today that savvy SMBs can implement without the need for involvement from IT, making them even more accessible to businesses of all sizes. Also, SMBs realize the value of the deep, actionable analytics that can be obtained via digital marketing (as opposed to more traditional methods)," said Lars Christensen, Vice President of Marketing with ON24.
One digital option that is just now coming into play for SMBs is the webinar. Once thought to be best for employee training purposes or larger conference calls and meetings, webinars are moving farther into SMB territory and offering another way to connect.
"The modern enterprise demands authentic and measurable business communications tools to succeed. Webinars' analytics range from high-level metrics to detailed custom reporting on activities of each webinar attendee. The best webinar platforms update all the data in real time. Robust analytics and reporting measure the impact of SMB marketing programs and also allow SMBs to benchmark their performance against that of their competitors," said Christensen.
More from Lars and ON24 tomorrow, including his top 3 tips for webinar implementation.
Image via Shutterstock
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
- Shoppers want more in-store tech
- Resolving customer issues quickly leads to greater brand loyalty
- Top 3 benefits for ecommerce success
- Research reveals extent of secondary revenue generation among UK retailers
- Report: Bot attempting to steal gift cards
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...