News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Expert: Why SMBs are pushing farther into digital
Large enterprises have proven the ROI of digital marketing, and SMBs have taken notice. Even with limited resources, SMBs are now recognizing the value of digital marketing and allocating their budgets accordingly.
SMBs are catching on - fast - that digital solutions are a good way to reach more customers at a faster pace, even customers who are technically outside their city or region. Plug-and-play solutions make it simple for these smaller businesses not just to advertise but to analyze marketing efforts to get the most from every dollar.
"There are a host of plug-and-play solutions available today that savvy SMBs can implement without the need for involvement from IT, making them even more accessible to businesses of all sizes. Also, SMBs realize the value of the deep, actionable analytics that can be obtained via digital marketing (as opposed to more traditional methods)," said Lars Christensen, Vice President of Marketing with ON24.
One digital option that is just now coming into play for SMBs is the webinar. Once thought to be best for employee training purposes or larger conference calls and meetings, webinars are moving farther into SMB territory and offering another way to connect.
"The modern enterprise demands authentic and measurable business communications tools to succeed. Webinars' analytics range from high-level metrics to detailed custom reporting on activities of each webinar attendee. The best webinar platforms update all the data in real time. Robust analytics and reporting measure the impact of SMB marketing programs and also allow SMBs to benchmark their performance against that of their competitors," said Christensen.
More from Lars and ON24 tomorrow, including his top 3 tips for webinar implementation.
Image via Shutterstock
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
- Adobe: More online TV watched on smartphones than tablets
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...