News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Expert: Why SMBs are pushing farther into digital
Large enterprises have proven the ROI of digital marketing, and SMBs have taken notice. Even with limited resources, SMBs are now recognizing the value of digital marketing and allocating their budgets accordingly.
SMBs are catching on - fast - that digital solutions are a good way to reach more customers at a faster pace, even customers who are technically outside their city or region. Plug-and-play solutions make it simple for these smaller businesses not just to advertise but to analyze marketing efforts to get the most from every dollar.
"There are a host of plug-and-play solutions available today that savvy SMBs can implement without the need for involvement from IT, making them even more accessible to businesses of all sizes. Also, SMBs realize the value of the deep, actionable analytics that can be obtained via digital marketing (as opposed to more traditional methods)," said Lars Christensen, Vice President of Marketing with ON24.
One digital option that is just now coming into play for SMBs is the webinar. Once thought to be best for employee training purposes or larger conference calls and meetings, webinars are moving farther into SMB territory and offering another way to connect.
"The modern enterprise demands authentic and measurable business communications tools to succeed. Webinars' analytics range from high-level metrics to detailed custom reporting on activities of each webinar attendee. The best webinar platforms update all the data in real time. Robust analytics and reporting measure the impact of SMB marketing programs and also allow SMBs to benchmark their performance against that of their competitors," said Christensen.
More from Lars and ON24 tomorrow, including his top 3 tips for webinar implementation.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...